Site snapshot not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site snapshot not working

My client has been trying to do a site snapshot all day...
    File > Snapshot > Export
    Next > Next > Enter file name
    Next > Next > Next>
    Site backup in progress with little folder icons with files flying left to right - two "files" fly over, then the third gets midair and the whole thing locks up. Why? How can we work around and through this?

Thanks!

Heidi
    --
    Heidi I. Jones
    Ridgerunner Consulting

That is not unusual - a look at the little hard disk light will confirm there is still activity going on, and the job will complete. I am seeing similar activity in several programs at the moment, I think its a recent windows update thing. Something in the background takes the computers attention, and it does not return till the job completes.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
      That is not unusual - a look at the little hard disk light will confirm there is still activity going on, and the job will complete. I am seeing similar activity in several programs at the moment, I think its a recent windows update thing. Something in the background takes the computers attention, and it does not return till the job completes.
      Sorry, I should have been more clear. This happens after multiple attempts and letting the computer sit for a good long time, with nothing else going on.
      --
      Heidi I. Jones
      Ridgerunner Consulting

Comment

Three things

First check for a large quantity of items marked for delete (with a big red x) - if so, run Housekeeping | Purge Contents.

Second run Housekeeping | Compact databases, tick both boxes - this will close Actinic.

Third when Actinic re-opens, check the backup folder path is correct and the folder already exists, then try again with the snapshot.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
          Three things

First check for a large quantity of items marked for delete (with a big red x) - if so, run Housekeeping | Purge Contents.

Second run Housekeeping | Compact databases, tick both boxes - this will close Actinic.

Third when Actinic re-opens, check the backup folder path is correct and the folder already exists, then try again with the snapshot.

Thanks, Bill, I'll let ya know.
          --
          Heidi I. Jones
          Ridgerunner Consulting

Comment

compacting worked

thanks, bill!
            --
            Heidi I. Jones
            Ridgerunner Consulting

Comment

Working...