Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying a service charge

Hi,

My client has a particular range of products (let's say "Scripts") for which a one-off service charge is due for each order (not for each product).

Only that one range of products carries the service charge; the rest of the store should have no service charge.

So, for instance, the basket for a typical session might contain...

===========

Script 1 - £2
    Script 2 - £4
    Script 3 - £5

Service charge - £10

Subtotal - £21

===========

Is this possible?

Many thanks,
    Steven.

My way of thinking is that your create hidden products for the service charge e.g.,

Service 1 £1.00
    Service 2 £2.00
    Service 3 £3.00

Create Components 1, 2 and 3

Add the Service 1 to Component 1 and so on

Then apply the appropriate level of service charge to the main product and set the pricing model to Product and components.

Make sure that you make the component not optional so each time a particular item is ordered is comes with the correct service charged applied.

Duncan
    Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for this. What you suggest sounds good - however, am I right that your method would apply the service charge for each product ordered?

What I need is a system which applies the service charge just once for a particular product range (or section, in Catalog terminology), regardless of how many products are selected.

So, in my example, the service charge would be £10 whether three scripts are ordered, or one, or thirty.

Odd, I know...

Cheers.

Comment

What I have suggested here is a fix that applies a service charge to EACH item ordered. Sorry if I misread the concept of what you are trying to do.

You could use the Handling in the Shipping and change it's name to whatever but again not for specific groups.

I'll scratch my head again and see if I can come up with something.

Duncan
        Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Working...
        X