Need help making custom themes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help making custom themes

HI, I'm new to actinic, but i am wondering how to import a custom header to my shop using actinic, I designed my header using Macromedia Dreamweaver 8, but have no idea how to get it working in actinic.

Thanks in advance
    Rory

Download the advanced user manual http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm

Comment

I have read the guide, but when i change the heading file, it still shows the statard theme and not the new one i have designed.

Comment

Are you editing the templates in the root of the site1 folder? Sounds like you are possibly editing something in the PreviewHTML folder or even the wrong template - to check you are editing the right template best to go to Design | Options | Layout and click "edit" next to the desired template just in case you are not using the defaults (eg Act_Primary.html)

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Right jsut gone to layout and edit and its just the defult layout in DW8, no design from me, its opened act_primary file, shall i edit the site from here then?

Comment

Yes - that will then save under Actinic and not change.

Take a backup copy first in case it goes pear-shaped

Bikster

Comment

Thanks for your help i can put the pills away now lol

Comment

Give it 10 minutes and you will be reaching for them again

Bikster

Comment

yep you was right i have my pills back and a strong drink.

I have edit the page as you have said with my new design in header with DW8 then when i come to preview the site with actinic its the old header with no infomation on it, it has to be me doing something wrong as everyone else seems to beable to pull this off,

Something so easy and i cant do it lol

Comment

Do you have copies of the images used in the header in your 'Preview HTML' folder? C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi yeah I have the imge files in the site floder, but when the site loads up it loads the default theme and not headng i have just made made.

Comment

If you want the new header to show on the brocure pages, you will have to edit Act_BrochurePrimary.html and for teh checkout pages Act_PrimaryCheckout.html. Though doing it as Jont suggested earlier, using Design | Options | Layouts will be easier, if you have only edited the overall Layou template, then that should be the one for the catalog pages, you will also need to do the one for the 'Front Page Layout' and 'Checkout page layout'

Can you preview the changes you have made with the new header in Dreamweaver?

Kind regards,
                        Bruce King
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                        X