Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!URGENT! help required

Hi,

I really hope someone can help me with this, as if not, i have less than 48 hours to recode all my templates ready for a go live on friday afternoon (big eeek!)

Basically I've added bits of PHP to a site i'm working on to allow Actinic to share templates with the rest of the site, and to add extra functionality to the products (tell a freind, and customer comments).

I've just realised (and i *should* have checked this earlier, but it completly slipped my mind!) that the pages generated by cgi scripts (search results, pages linked from search results, checkout and shopping cart pages) don't parse my PHP code, resulting in the layout going completly tits up. (the server is setup to parse php in html, so don't worry about that).

You can see for yourself, if you go to malegrooming.co.uk/index.php and click on any of the special offer links on the homepage, they pages work perfectly. but if you use the "quick search" box on the left and follow the results to the product its all messed up!

Does anyone now how:

a) i can specify a different template for the search results, cart and checkout pages.

b) how i can make the search results link through to the Proper page, rather than the horrendous URL with all the percent symbols in it

Thanks for your time guys, I really appreciate any help you can offer.

Andy

The search results one can be fixed. Go to View / Search Settings / Results and untick "Highlight Located Text".

Fixing the Cart and Checkout pages may not be so easy.

Another problem area you may not have considered are "illegal quantity" or "missing otherinfo" type error pages (try buying 40,000 of something!). These are also script generated.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

bugger...

at least thats the search results fixed.

I suppose i only have to change 1 template when the site gets changed, so its not too bad... i'm hoping its possible to somehow configure templates just for the cart and checkout pages... then I can make them really simple and just open them in a pop up window (i hope!)

Thanks!

Andy

Comment

You can use a simplified template for the checkout. See Design / Options / Layout.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

i noticed that... thanks, that means I've just got the cart pages to work out!

Thanks!

Comment

The view cart page a bit tricky as it uses the 'Default Overall Layout' template.

Do not despair though. What you can do is set the 'Default Overall Layout' to a simpler one and then set the 'Default Front Page Layout' and the 'Overall Layout' for all your individual sections to be the one with the PHP.

Comment

Working...
            X