Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is so basic a question it's embarrassing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so basic a question it's embarrassing!

I am new to Actinic and have been web designing in dreamweaver for the last 4 years. Sooo I have always been in control of creating pages within a structure of a site and its links.
    Can I get my head around this? in a word No!
    All I want to do is create a basic new brochure page - call it faq.html and enter some info and link it to the rest of the pages.
    I right click on home page/ click new brochure page/ fill in the title etc and meta keywords. but where do I place the information? It comes up with absolutely no box for text like the other already prepared pages that are already imported. So I really am struggling to get to grips with what seems the most basic of things.
    Sorry if anybody out there feels like throwing me a hook of information I would be very grateful.
    Cloudier

Welcome to the world of Actinic.

Over the new brochure page right click and select "new fragment" - you can select the type and enter the details there

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudier
      I am new to Actinic and have been web designing in dreamweaver for the last 4 years. Sooo I have always been in control of creating pages within a structure of a site and its links.
      Can I get my head around this? in a word No!
      All I want to do is create a basic new brochure page - call it faq.html and enter some info and link it to the rest of the pages.
      I right click on home page/ click new brochure page/ fill in the title etc and meta keywords. but where do I place the information? It comes up with absolutely no box for text like the other already prepared pages that are already imported. So I really am struggling to get to grips with what seems the most basic of things.
      Sorry if anybody out there feels like throwing me a hook of information I would be very grateful.
      Cloudier
      Join the club!

I find that brochure fragments are good though because you can write html (tables etc) and place stuff like javascript directly into them as long as you start and end with !!<<....>>!!
      Rob Lane
      www.DATARAX.co.uk

Comment

Yep - a fragment is generally just a table or part of a table that sits into the main body of the page - if you are used to editing in DW check out the source code and you will see all the <td> and <tr> tags from the fragment

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks

Never imagined that the body of the brochure page would be the fragment bit. Its all new to me and quite daunting but now I have bitten the bullet I intend to swallow it and digest.
          Thanks I will continue to the next brain dead moment.
          Cloudier

Comment

A big thanks

Originally posted by jont
            Welcome to the world of Actinic.

Over the new brochure page right click and select "new fragment" - you can select the type and enter the details there
            That makes sense now. I just blankly looked and steamed at the PC and the software!! How dumb can I be!!

Comment

Before you go much further, pop over to the right side of the menu and choose Help | Starter Guide - that will give you a push start...
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
              X