Digital Download - Incorrect Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Download - Incorrect Products

Hope you can help. I have a catalog that is wholly Digital Download. On a couple of the categories, there are a number of choices where we have 100 different products but show the 10 worst selling ones at any time....http://www.freequizzes.co.uk/acatalo..._Pub_Quiz.html for example.

The problem is that I changed the product for Digital Download from say PQ100 to PQ188. The associated product etc. read fine, all paths seem OK however the customer still got the 'old' product.
    i.e Number 100 instead of 188 etc.

Today I cut all the offending products and components (By right click, cut) and added new products and components to the new section. Again the customer gets the wrong product.

Is it because I cut the products instead of deleting and purging - if not, how do I fix it?

Digital Download - More Info

Frustrated - I purged the website, compacte, uncompacted and refreshed....still the same problem.

I looked at the Catalog and the components and downloadable files refer to the right products.

So I took the plunge and through my FTP program deleted the whole catalog, refreshed and then uploaded the Catalog again.

Still a problem though - the Catalog should not be uploading any product it no longer needs but it's uploading 'old' files.

Is there a way round this or is the only way to Delete all products manually, purge then add new products and start again?

Comment

Could it be a cache thing (in that the customer has old versions of your files cached on their PC)?

Regards
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Take a look at the 'DD' folder within your 'acatalog' folder. These are all the files that are available to download. You will see that your filenames have been prefixed with some random numbers (in order to allow you to upload two different files with the same name).

Check that this folder contains the correct file. If it does (and doesn't contain the old one) then we are looking at a caching issue in the browser. If it contains both then it may be that Actinic does not have the permissions it needs to remove old files. Try manually removing the file you don't want.

Comment

Working...
        X