Error 500: Configuration Error on checkout page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the FAQ on the Actinic website
    Actinic Catalog requires that you provide FTP access to both the web site and the CGI-bin. FTP is used to upload the CGI scripts and the Java applet (one of the methods used for encrypting orders).
    If your host refuses to provide FTP access and insists you upload via http (www) then they may not be suitable for Actinic. Hopefully Chris or one of the other Development guys are loitering about (I mean that in the nicest way) and can comment on this.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill, got you now on the orderxx.html files. I thought you had to be right as of course the scripts need them to generate the pages but I just couldn't see anything with Act_ prefix.

I suspect Dharmesh is using ftp to connect, it's just that the ftp server uses www. as the name. This should be Ok shouldn't it?

This is a strange one alright. I've looked at the network settings again but the path to cgi-bin looks Ok as that could have been another reason why the scripts couldn't find the order01.html file.

This could well be one of these cases where someone needs to ftp into the server and take a look. Dharmesh, if you haven't already done so, log a request with actinic support here http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm or give them a call if you have cover.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

My 500 error

Thanks to everyone for such a speedy and useful response.
        I have removed trailing "/" from the path to perl - and the "test" now works fine, so I expect everything else will.

Sorry for posting on the wrong thread - I guess I was inspired by the same error message, but I suppose it is quite a common problem.

Thanks again

Jeremy
        (Crossing my fingers it will work when live...)

Comment

Working...
        X