Meta Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meta Tags

I would like to be able to refer to a sub-section name and description in the page of the sub-section, as well as in the page of the section above it. My plan is to use these references as the basis for the meta tags, rather than having to fill in the meta information for each sub-section.

My aim is to have the meta keywords containing the name of the subsection (eg "blue widget") with the meta description being the description of the subs-ection (eg "range of blue widgets suitable for every home"). So far I am half way there:

<META name="keywords" content="NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER">
    <META name="description" content="">

Does anyone know how to refer to the sub-section description in the sub-section's page?

Many thanks, James

Hi James,

I've checked with my development team and there is a work around for it. Please follow the steps below:

1. Open the Act_Primary.html and save it as something like Act_primary_custom.html

2. Remove <!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERMETA --> and add <META name="description" content="CUSTOMVAR: DESCRIPT">

3. Now in "Design | Options | Site Defaults", simply set the custom properties
    here with the keywords and make sure you tick "Use as CUSTOMVAR".

4. Now for all the sections and subsections, simply use the
    Act_Primary_Custom.html template and when you generate the website, it
    will put the content details for whatever is using Act_Primary_Custom.html.

I hope this helps.
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Navy]
    Regards,
    Karthik

Comment

Thanks for the response. Since posting my question, I've found putting the following into the Act_Primary.html does the trick:

<META name="description" content="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTEXT">
      <META name="keywords" content="NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER">

Not sure if other people do this but it seems such an easy way to sort out the meta tags, so long as the section description isn't too long and doesn't contain HTML.

James

Comment

Working...
      X