New Sub-Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Sub-Section

I am trying to create a new Sub-Section in Actinic.
    For example the section name is "PC And Video Games" the sub-sections would be "PS2", "X-Box", "Gamecube".

I know how to create them, but, I would like (from the main cataloge page) to click on PC And Video Games which would then bring up the next page with the 3 sub-sections "PS2", "X-Box", "Gamecube", and from there the user can select his option and the appropriate games would appear.

I have seen this done on other actinic sites but cannot work out how to do it.

All I can get at present is the PC And Video Section showing the pc games and the 3 section links at the top of this page.

Many Thanks
    Peter

Where have you put the products?

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Sub-section

Hi
      thanks for the reply.
      I have put the products under each sub-section.

I am nearly there, but when i click on a sub section the menu reloads and when i click again on a section the correct page shows.

I have attached a screenshot of the actinic menu.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sub-section

Hi
        thanks for the reply.
        I have put the products under each sub-section.

I am nearly there, but when i click on a sub section the menu reloads and when i click again on a section the correct page shows.

I have attached a screenshot of the actinic menu.
        The DVD section is the one I am refering to on the screenshot
        Attached Files

Comment

It looks fine. Are you trying to navigate through the pages by clicking on the headings that appear on the page or are you trying to create a drop down menu to allow easy navigation through the site.

If it is the former, can you post a URL because we will need to see it to understand your problem fully.

If it is the latter take a look at Nortree (which is shareware, ie. make a contribution if you find it useful, not free!) from Norman Rouxel at http://www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html which will do that for you very nicely.

Regards
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Ok thanks, I am trying to navigate through the pages by clicking on the headings that appear on the to of the page.

Here is the url, http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial1829/shop.html

The DVD section works fine.
            It is the Music and Basic products options that are not working correctly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Right... I have just re-edited this posting.. on testing the url the site works fine on two different Pc's in the office.
            But I still have the problem on my development machine.
            Any ideas?

Many Thanks
            Peter

Comment

I see what you mean. I would suggest refreshing the web site and if that doesn't work recreate the sections from scratch and see if that makes any difference - Catalog has gotten confused somewhere.

Regards

Comment

ok Jan thanks for the help

Comment

Hi Jan
                  Just to let you know I finally sotred out the problem with the site. It seemed to be Ie5 that was causing the problem, as everything worked ok in IE6.
                  I have managed to change a actinic template to a different design. So everything seems ok now.
                  here is the link of the demo http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial1829/shop.html

Regards
                  Peter

Comment

Working...
                  X