Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop html appearing in the site map and elsewhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to stop html appearing in the site map and elsewhere?

I use html in the short description/product name in order to organise the layout but the order confirmation email and site map all show this html code - is there a way to stop the code showing? - thanks

whitesconservatories.co.uk

may be something to look at,
    all of the problems seem to be linked to TWO areas
    • ALL (problem area) html files seem to end in a SPACE, so you get things like "Apex_Workshop_6__x_12_.html"
    • all (problem areas) seem to have a BREAK inside it example: <B>!!<Malvern Solar Potting Sheds<br>7' Wide x 7'>!!
      not sure if you want the break inside? - perhaps the BREAK may be the cause of the problem,
    • alternatively, just miss out the !!< and the >!! and re-generate and see what happens.

without seeing the source of the SiteMapSectionLine html I can't give more clues.

kev

Comment

Kev

thanks for your thoughts - I'm using the html just to create a line break so that the product size appears neatly in the second line e.g.

!!<Crane Superior Apex Garden Shed<br>1.8M Wide x 1.8M Long (6' x 6')>!!

Without the tags the <br> code doesn't work

Nigel

Comment

I use html in the short description/product name in order to organise the layout but the order confirmation email and site map all show this html code
        Eh! Products don't show in the Site Map, only sections.

It may be possible to patch the OrderScript.pl Perl to expunge any HTML from the email. However you'd have to replace

!!<Crane Superior Apex Garden Shed<br>1.8M Wide x 1.8M Long (6' x 6')>!!

with

Crane Superior Apex Garden Shed!!<<br>>!!1.8M Wide x 1.8M Long (6' x 6')

giving the same visual effect but making it much easier to strip out anything between !!< and >!!

You may also want to see what effect this embedded HTML has on downloaded orders.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Took a lot of hunting to find a link to the sitemap, but once there I could not see the problem you are describing.

I do think the Sitemap would be easier to read if the contents were not centred.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I saw this also when adding 'code' into section names. It formats the section name nicely but messes up the sitemap. I removed my formatting to correct my sitemap and couldn't find out out how to do this eithier. Maybe you could try modifying a section template to allow the text to wrap better.

Comment

Duncan

The following should strip any HTML from being displayed in the Sitemap.

in Act_SiteMapSectionLine.html

replace

NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME

with
              Code:
              <script type="text/javascript">
              <!--
               document.write('NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME'.replace(/\!\!<.*>\!\!/g,' '));
              //-->
              </script>
              <noscript>NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME</noscript>
              This will replace everything between !!< and >!! with a space. Note that it would gobble up all of

!!<<b>Bold Section Name</b>>!!

so you'd have to use

!!<<b>>!!Bold Section Name!!<</b>>!!

instead.

Note that you can't use the single quote ( ' ) in your section names if you use this tweak.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman - appreciate that.

Duncan R

Comment

Working...
                X