Actinic Re-installed, Cannot download orders, Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Re-installed, Cannot download orders, Help

Hi All, I had a few problems with my pc and had to run a recovery disc and everything was deleted.
    My problem is that my site is running ok, but i can't download the orders after reinstalling actinic. It give an error anout the Housekeeping|security passwords etc not being the same.
    The only thing I have right now is my site which is uploaded, actinic is as it was when I purchased it.
    How do i get the Housekeeping|Security details which I used before on my site?
    Is it possible to download my site into actinic?
    Please help.
    p.s I also have the Site1* files from the old site on disc.

If you've lost the security codes then you cannot download any existing orders. As far as I know there is no way to recover them from a disk, the only option I can think of is to try and fix your disk so you can boot up a pc from it and run that copy of actinic again (make sure you've copied anything you want to a safe disk before playing around as you might never see the data again).

Norman has said it many times before and I do my best to make sure it's noted whenever people talk about backing up actinic stuff. You have to make a copy of your security codes as well as any data in the actinic folders. Otherwise you cannot download any existing orders.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

The Housekeeping Security info is kept in the Registry and will no doubt have been clobbered when you re-installed Windows.

Unless you've got a Snapshot this info is probably lost for ever. Just having a copy of Site1 won't help as this is the one bit of information that isn't held there. Even if you have an old Snapshot that might be enough. You could install Actinic on a spare PC, import the old Snapshot, go into Housekeeping / Security and copy / paste the info there to a textfile that you take to the repaired system.

I've posted numerous times here that it's a good idea to copy / paste this info into a textfile that you then keep in Site1. This way a dead registry doesn't disable your site. This is a belt-and-braces to making Snapshots.

If you haven't got any Snapshots then I think you'll have to refresh the site and write off these pending orders.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Mike, what about my current site?
        Do you think its possible to get it back somehow?
        If I cannot get it back, can you advise how I would upload a new site altogether? Do I delete everything in the current acatalog folder and just upload the new site?

Comment

Thanx guys - A lot of hard work for me then.
          I will see If I have a snapshot somewhere in my discs. I guess sometimes you learn the hardway

Comment

If you have outstanding order on the server you can connect via FTP and copy the .ORD files to a safe place and reinstate later to be retrieved once Actinic is back up and running again

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X