Making site invisible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making site invisible

I want my site to be hidden on the server that i only i can view it. So say when someone visits the site 'www.url.com' it doesnt take them by default to the test site. Any ideas? James
    http://www.ukdesignermenswear.com

Top designer brands at discounted prices, coming soon!

Create an index.html file built outside actinic that says "under development - opening in April 2006" or whatever and upload that to the root of the server. Make sure there are no links on that page.

Rename your brochure page to something other than index.html until you are finished your work. With this setup, only someone who knows the full path/name of your pages, can bring them up in a browser.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

You can also set up a disallow statement in the .htaccess file (if your server allows) to keep search engines from spidering the hidden site pages

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks alot guys
        http://www.ukdesignermenswear.com

Top designer brands at discounted prices, coming soon!

Comment

It might be an idea to have a limited site maybe without prices etc but using the intended page names etc up and running to get early on the search engines, with a note on the home page stating your intended opening

You can use the "Test" facility within Actinic to play with your design and finalise your real site, you can then transfer this site over to the .com/ co.uk
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
          X