Add multiple products to cart at once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add multiple products to cart at once

I am trying to create a section that allows the user to scroll through a list of products and using using tick boxes select the ones that they would like to purchase. Then click "Add To Cart" where all of the products that they have ticked will be added to cart in one go.

Ive looked everywhere but cannot find any info about this

so can it be done and if so could someone please give advice on how?

cheers in advance

JC

Look at single add to cart button per page or select items from a list in the Advanced User Guide.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Not quite what i meant. Here is a site similar to what i would like but its not a store.

http://www.bathstore.com/_applicatio...oho/index.html

Its optional to tick and untick the products included with the bathroom suite but then i need it to add all of these products to the cart (similar what you can do with an attribute - but you can change the quantity)

Comment

Have to say the link site is the most confusing and unfriendly method of adding to a cart I have ever seen.

Isn't the method provided by Bill a similar means to the same end? Defaulting to zero you add in the number required against each product (not quite the tick method you are looking for though)

Another option (but with less functionality in layout terms) would be the use of components set to default as used so the user could untick if not required

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Unfortunatly its not me that wants this it is a client. Basically what they want is a list of products where the user can tick the ones they would like to purchase and then click an add to cart button at the bottom which adds all of the ticked products to the cart in one foul swoop!

I have knocked up a quite diagram to help explain this:

http://www.missilemedia.com/Product_options.gif

Cheers

JC

Comment

You can do that by setting up hidden products and associating them as components - you can set the components to be selected by default or not and just requires a tick box

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I have looked at this but it limits the quantity that the customer can order! The quantity is grayed out in the cart

Could it be done by passing the parameters through the URL? I know you can do it this way with one product but because of the format of it i cannot work out how you would a 2nd, 3rd or 4th product to the URL to pass to the cart

Comment

Anyone know if this is possible?

It looks like I could implement this into one of my sites if it is.

At the moment I have a long page with a lot of products on that can be mixed and matched between each other this simple tick box solution and a single add to cart button at the bottom of the page sounds like it could help me as some of the feed back I have received from my customers states that the process is long winded and hard to keep check of what you order bouncing back too and fro from the cart.

Good question brabbs your 1st name isn’t Gary is it?

Comment

So does anyone know if this is possible or not? Im sure there must be a way of doing it and it seems like im not the only person that needs help on this matter!

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Comment

I read your requirement as a page with one main product, laid out using one of the standard product templates, followed by a number of associated but optional products laid out in a very compact template Description | Qty - allied to a single page add to cart button.

That sounds to me like the fuctionality you are asking for. What am I missing?
                    Bill
                    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                    X