Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to add shipping charges to Attribute Choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to add shipping charges to Attribute Choices?

Hi All!
    This is my first time on the forum, and yep I’m here with a question!

I am re-organising an existing actinic site, which had all the different size options of each product repeated in separate sections down the page (just using different sizes/prices)
    I have placed all the different sizes into one product section, as a component, which has a drop-down list for each different size & price.

My problem is that there is a weight assigned to each product, so the large products in the drop-down menu are still charged to the smaller item shipping charges, listed in the Product Details tab
    Is there any way to have each choice in my attribute assigned a different weight value?

the only way Ican see you could do it would be to create hidden products relating to the choices (in the permutations tab) and assign the hidden products their own weight value.

Or perhaps, if you only have 2 different weights, you could assign your main product a weight and just create hidden associated products for the heavier items, with an additional weight?

Apologies if that doesn't make too much sense, can't quite put into words what I mean, perhaps someone more eloquent can help me out??
    Tracey

Comment

Thanks a million 'budgetbumps'
      Ill try that and see if it works, there are many different weights to be included, so I can't use just 2 or 3 weights. But hopefully I can use the hidden product idea,
      cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X