catalogue order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

catalogue order?

hi there i would like to know if it is possible to have the catalogue entries in alphabetical order

eg

I have cooling as a category and under that i have another category called cases

so it looks like this
    ..cooling
    ..cases
    --midi tower
    --full tower

it should look like
    ..Cases
    --full tower
    -- midi tower
    ..cooling?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Jacy
    Jacys Computer Supplies
    Web: http://www.jacyscomputers.com.au
    email: sales@jacyscomputers.com.au

HI Jacy

If you expand out the tree with the sections you need to sort, you should be able to drag and drop the categories into any order you need

ed

Comment

Hi Ed,
      I can't do that because when i create a new section it automatically goes to the top of the list.

Eg

if i have these 2 sections in the following order

..cooling
      ..cases (Sections)
      --midi tower (sub sections)
      --full tower

then i add motherboards it will look like this

..motherboards
      ..cooling
      ..cases
      --midi tower
      --full tower

It a real jugling act to sort them out i feel like i'm using a rubiks cube!!

How have other people fixed this??

Cheers,

Jacy
      Jacys Computer Supplies

Comment

It might be easier to move them around in excel or access. To do it in Excel export the catalog and then move the sections around and the import it.

In access edit the catalog section table and order it by nParentSectionID and Section Sequence number, then change the numbers so that they are in the correct order. Don't do this unless you are used to messing about in access because it you get it wrong you could break your catalog.

If you end up dragging and droping then remember that you can select several sections or products at once to drag and drop. I find moving the sections/products around a little bit like trying to solve a rubiks cube puzzle, you have to go forwards and backwards to get anywhere.

I have a handy little report in my members only section that lists your catalog in tree format that would be useful for checking that you have got everything. To at get it join my mailing list and you will receive a username and password that will allow you to log on to the site and then a license key will arrive by email a little while later (it would be on Tuesday now - unless you were to join in the next hour or so).

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan,
          I have just subscribed

Cheers,

Jacy
          Jacys Computer Supplies

Comment

I have just sent out your license key. Let me know what you think of it.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X