Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Actinic Link work with Sage v12

One for Actinic I think.

Just checking to see if Actinic Link works with Sage Line 50 v12 as yet. I know when this version of Sage was released it didn't, but I understand that the Actinic developers were on to it. I can't seem to find anything suggesting this process had all been completed in the forum though.

I need to know quite urgently for a forthcoming project and would be most greatful for a prompt reply from Actinic.

Many thanks.

Angi
    OXLink Web Design (Oxford)
    Actinic developers since version 3
    01865 361696

link

Hi,

I am running Line 50 FC V12 and Actinic Business V7 and have managed to get the link to work from Actinic into Sage.

However I haven't got as far as to get products from Sage into Actinic, I am sure it will work I just haven't got that far yet as I am a newbie too.

Hope this helps.

Kessock Models
    www.kessockmodels.com
    If everything in life were simple there would be no challenge!

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

When you say, 'managed to get the link to work' do you mean that you had to do something special to make it work, i.e. not the norm? I don't really want to do anything non standard regarding Sage as I'm not particularly familiar with it.

Cheers.

Angi
      OXLink Web Design (Oxford)
      Actinic developers since version 3
      01865 361696

Comment

Sorry for delay.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Not didn't need to do anything special of out of the norm, I just found that it takes a bit of getting used to.

I have been playing over the last few days, and have managed to import products from a csv file into Sage line 50 which has saved me hours and hours of input. I have also realised that to get products from Sage into Actinic you unfortunately have to go into each product and select publish to web on the web tab of the product, which is a shame as it would have been simpler if the csv file could also have set this for me.

From there I have exported the products ready to be imported into Actinic.

Once you have done it a couple of times it really isn't too bad, it just takes a little while to get your categories etc as you want them.

Working from Actinic into Sage is very simple if you don't want to ammend anything in the order within Actinic, as it is just a matter of selecting "bypass cataogue" on your business settings, from there on whenever you go to the "Reports > Outstanding Reports" your orders will be sent into Sage either as a SOP or an Invoice depending on the type of order/payment received.

Hope this makes sense, as I find it easier to do things than explain them.

Thanks.

Mark
        If everything in life were simple there would be no challenge!

Comment

Working...
        X