Images missing on live pages, but not in preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images missing on live pages, but not in preview

I've just uploaded a new page of products, with an image for each product. But the uploaded html doesn't contain references to the images, even though when I preview them from Actinic they are there.

I'm using 7.0.6 - had anyone experienced anything similar please?

thanks

Mark

If these image are not the standard configured product images - then make sure you added them to the additional file list.

Comment

Although they were standard products, I added the images to the additional files list but it made no difference.

The really bizzare thing is that the HTML makes no reference to the images. Is this a bug do you think?

Mark

Comment

Are the images jpg and in the wrong colour format? Can you give us a web page to look at or an image name to look for?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

the files were mostly GIF, one jpg though - not sure about colour formats.

The web page is http://www.bluebrolly.com/acatalog/s...esstories.html

and a sample image is http://www.bluebrolly.com/acatalog/five125.gif

thanks
          Mark

Comment

I can see them ok.

Comment

No errors on that http://www.bluebrolly.com/acatalog/s...esstories.html page for me. It's probably just a Browser Cache problem at your end. Hit the Refresh button (or View / Refresh).
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes, all three browsers good for me too. No missing images - no missing orange pips.
                Last edited by wjcampbe; 06-Mar-2006, 08:42 PM. Reason: can't spell pips
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

thanks to all. I've used a different PC and can see them myself so at least the site is OK.

The original PC is behaving strangely though because despite clearing out the cache I still get the version with on pictures. I'll need to check it over

thanks
                  Mark

Comment

Image size your problem I think!

Hi,

I was getting the very same problem with some images on my website, couldn't understand why on 2 of the 5 PC's I have access too that the images were missing.

Further investigation showed that both machines had Norton Internet Security 2004 on them. When switching ad blocker off the images appeared!! So I tried changing the file names as I had previously had an image blocked with "banner" in the title. Still didn't show though!

Then it suddenly dawned on me! The images that were getting blocked were 125 x 125 pixels. I guess a common ad size and that is the reason Norton was blocking them! I changed them all to 124 x 124 and they all showed fine.

I checked your site a moment ago and saw the images in question are still there and are all 125 x 125. Recommend you change them as all those unsuspecting surfers out there using NIS2004 will never see images on your site as they haven't the savy to switch ad blocker off.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                    X