Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic not "remembering" program states when closed and re-opened

My customer emailed me the following:

1. Actinic now always opens in orders rather than catalog even though I always shut it down in catalog?
    2. When you then go into catalog the 1st section is now always open even if you downsized it before exiting the last time you were on the site?
    3. Actinic no longer asks you to backup on exiting no matter what site you are on?
    4. The last couple of snapshots I have done have been getting smaller than the previous ones even though more information has been added to the site?

I wondered if anyone here has come across the same thing and can advise what might have happened?

Many thanks, Sam

Probably using an early version of V7. later versions fixed most of this.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

We're on 7.0.5 and it only started happening recently... With early versions was it a constant problem?

Comment

I'm not sure as I can't see the fix in the release notes but they often describe the technical side of things rather than the problem that they caused.

The release notes for V7 can be found here: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm

Other than that there's not much I can add. It doesn't sound like a common problem with 7.0.5.
        Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Sam

If you have compacted your database, this could cause a reduction in file size, but on a new site i would not expect a large reduction
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

I think I'm getting the same or a similar problem to what you're describing Sam.

I recently updated from 7.01 to 7.06, and now Actinic never seems to open up with the Content Tree how I left it.

I just 'shrank' all the trees and did a snapshot, opened Actinic up again, and the page I previously left on had changed and the content tree was all messed up again.

It's a complete pain having to keep going through and tidying it up everytime.

Also notice it does something similar when we purge content.

Does anyone at Actinic know what controls the Content Tree view? Can this problem be easily sorted?

Cheers
            Last edited by GrahamL; 08-Mar-2006, 03:59 PM. Reason: bad grammar!

Comment

I think I'm getting the same or a similar problem to what you're describing Sam.
              Yep, sounds just the same - am updating right now from 7.0.5 to 7.0.6 so will report back but I don't hold out much hope...

Sam

Comment

OK, am now on latest patch and the problem still occurs - any ideas anyone at actinic? I'm not the only one...

Sam

Comment

Hi there

Please try the following: http://community.actinic.com/showpos...3&postcount=14

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Sorry, but that didn't work for me...

Followed the regedit instructions - Actinic still opens back up with a messed up Content Tree.

Rebooted - still the same. Took another snapshot - still the same. Checked Regedit and the 'SelectedTreeItems' has been removed though.

Actinic now remembers what page I was last on, but opens up miscellaneous other sections/sub-sections in the Content Tree. Making the workspace a right mess!

(And when you 'purge content' - the content tree goes crazy!)

Comment

Hi there

I would recommend in opening a ticket with Support regarding this on: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Kind Regards
                      Nadeem Rasool
                      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Did this get `cured` at all? Its something I put up with also. Grrr.
                        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Sorry George, I didn't... seemed that what ought to be a dead simple resolve became too much bother, trouble and time for everyone so I gave up on it - now I just 'put up and shut up'!

Graham

ps. Now you mentioned it again though, it's probably going to bug the hell out of me once more!

Comment

Working...
                          X