Froogle Data Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froogle Data Feed

I don't know what i'm doing wrong here, i have created the Foogle data feed through Actinic 'File | Export Froogle data Feed' and not one of the products work!

It is telling me that the URL is invalid and it doesn't appear to be pricking up a price.
    Is the export picking up the site sections instead of products? What am i doning wrong?

I have attached the file if it helps.

Thanks

Olly
    Attached Files

Prices are included in your attachment, right after the description - where they belong.

Log on to your Froogle account and check the box to indicate your feed uses quotes.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Olly, try the attached file...

Please note that if you have ticked Use Quotes ples untick BEFORE you upload this.

Also make sure the filename is INDENTICAL to the one that you registered when you signed up...

Let me know if it works and I'll tell you what I did.
      Attached Files
      www.bathroomexpress.co.uk

Comment

The file worked without any problems - First time!

I didn't have the use quotes field selected in the first place though, i'm assuming this was the problem with the original file.

Thanks (to both of you)

Olly

Ps. so what did you change?

Comment

Took currency collumn out, was all GBP so was no need for it, and also set your prices to 'Currency' (with .2 decimal) in excel.

And took the quotes out... its soo much easier in excel, you can use the Find/Replace tool to remove quotes.

Glad that worked,

I Have to do our feed manually every month, well over 3000 products, I'd just finished ours.

Good luck next time...

Ben

Comment

Why not just take the easy route and use a feed generator which will allow you to make other types of feeds as well.

Both Jan and Bill (and maybe others) have demo or tryout versions:
            http://www.egyptianwonders.co.uk/aca...0dayTrial.html and
            http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/ME_FroogleMashDef.html

Comment

I dont know if its the way Hayley has set up the products, but the feeds dont produce an accurate feed.

I have to do them manually!

Comment

Ben,

If you run the BCNessFeed 30 Day trial and send me one of the text ouput files with a precis of the problems, I will probably be able to sort you out.

It is feedback on what does not work that drives programmes like mine to improve.

BTW - if you only tried the Free Version, the 30 day trial is a much more mature product.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the offer Bill,

I will definately have a look, just wont be for a week or 2, the feed is up and running now, so will experiment more towards the end of the month.

It will save me a morning if I could get it automated, as I have to make a feed for Froogle and Kelkoo... And could do with putting the other 3 sites on too....

Comment

We have just released a new version of the froogle feed, this works with all Actinic sites now as far as I am aware, so have a play, you can use this to upload your froogle, kelkoo and other feeds with a single click.

If you have already tried it but would like to take a new look, let me know and I will send you a new trial license.

Regards,
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Multichannel order processing
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

cheers Jan, will take you up on that!

Will get in contact when Im back in work 2mos!

Ben

Comment

Jan

I used it today and it was great, perfect formatting with no need to do anything. The only thing i had problem with was the export to froogle action. It kept coming up with password error. I logged in and out of my froogle account to check i wasn't being stupid and it let me straight in, so password was correct.

I resolved the issue by manually uploading the file, apart from this, excellent product from what i can see.

Comment

Lee,

Thank you.

You need to use your froogle ftp username and password rather than your froogle login password, some people still have problems then, if this happens to you, tick or untick the 'use passive ftp' button and it should then work.

Ben .. is that 2 moments or 2 months? (Nosey aren't I )

Regards,
                          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

argh 2mos = tomorrow... My fingers get lazy at the weekend. Damn you MSN Messenger!

Well tomorrow is now today, what do I need to do Jan?

Comment

Shame I was convined you were off in the sun for a couple of months :-)

You need to download and install the latest version of product mash (the program formally know as froogle mash), set up the options and then click on 'mash now' to create the file and 'upload' to send it to froogle.

You can download it from here :

http://www.actinicplugins.co.uk/acat...r_Actinic.html

If you have already used up your trial, email me and I will send you a new trial.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                              X