Pretty basic design question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty basic design question

Thanks to all the kind help on here we are now almost ready to launch our site. All we need to do is add in some design touches to make it more professional. Basically we are using the Smart template and have tweaked it a bit so far. I have a couple points I am stuck on despite using the knowledge base and the Advanced user guide.

1. Can I put my products into 2 columns? There is a fix for this in the KB which involves changing Primary_Productline, Seperator and Primary I think. Anyway I did all that but it went haywire and I had products all over the shop (so to speak). Is this because of the template I am using and is there an easy fix?

2. My header bar is still NETQUOTEVAR:LOGO or whatever it's called and we have created our own logo. Actinic won't let me change the background for this and I want a shaded effect. Is my best bet just to create and image with all the stuff on and replace the NETQUOTEVAR? Also, if I do this, how do I manage the width? Do I create one image that's really wide with the basic shading and then creat other omages to go over that, with the background also on those?

Hope you guys can help. I have really appreciated the help so far. It's amazing how a little knowledge can get you going down a road where everything suddenly becomes clear!
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

Hi Steve,

The section "Laying Out Your Products in Multiple Columns" (Page 16) of Advanced User Guide explains this. If you have already copied the code to the templates, check whether you created the CUSTOMVAR's ,specified the values and linked it to the Sections.

Regarding the logo images , go to "Design|Options" ,click on "Brochure" and "Shop Defaults" tab and check whether you have chosen the logo you have created for the store.In order to remove the background appearing with the logo image, go to "Advanced|Template Manager|Brochure|Primary" ,this will open "Act_BrochurePrimary.html". Look for the following code:

<td align="center" bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS">NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURELOGO
    </td>

and remove bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS" from the above.Save the template.

If you want to revert back you can copy the original templates from "C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Formats\Themes\Business or BusinessCSS" depending on the theme.

Comment

Thanks so much. Thats fixed it.
      Blank DVD
      Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
      X