Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login Variable?

Hi,

Is there a java variable that shows a logged in status?

Thanks,
    Paul.

Look in the Advanced guide for NOTINB2B. It's kind of back to front. Basically anything between

<Actinic:NOTINB2B> and </Actinic:NOTINB2B>

will only be passed to the browser if there's NOT a logged in customer.

So if you want a JavaScript variable set then the following in the HEAD of Act_Primary.html
    Code:
    <script language=JavaScript>var LoggedIn = true;</script>
    <Actinic:NOTINB2B>
    <script language=JavaScript>var LoggedIn = false;</script>
    </Actinic:NOTINB2B>
    will do it.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi,

That worked great. Thanks for your help.

Paul.

Comment

Hi,

Do you know if this requires links to go via the perl scripts? I note that when I am looking at certian pages (i.e. products) that are linking via perl files it shows as true, however in my index page, or acatalog/faq.html etc it shows as false. The only difference is the way it is linking - they share the same primary and code etc...

Thanks,
        Paul.

Comment

As far as I know, any code between <Actinic:NOTINB2B> and </Actinic:NOTINB2B> will be stripped by the Perl scripts for logged-in Business customers only.

If you view pages that aren't coming from a bb??????.pl script then that code won't be stripped.

Comment

Hi,

So presumably I need to make every single link go through the perl script so that it strips it?

Any idea if its possible to utilize the actinic cookie for this? I have been looking at the ACTINIC_BUSINESS cookie that gets changed when logged in, but I can not tell what I should be expecting when logged in/out.

Thanks,
            Paul.

Comment

All I answered was Is there a java variable that shows a logged in status?. Without knowing what it is you're actually trying to do, it's hard to comment further.

Comment

I want to make it so that when the customer is logged in, it says Logout and when logged out, says Login. This is working in the catalog (after searching etc) but not in the normal html files (i.e. index.html).

I was planning to use it for some other things as well, but this is the first part.

Thanks,
                Paul.

Comment

Hi Paul,

The Login/Logout is managed by the AccountsScript.pl. While a buyer is logged in then all pages are displayed via the AccountsScript which adjusts prices, login status and other account related changes. If you have a link to a HTML page which does not use the scripts then the account specific adjustments will not be applied and therefore the page will continue to offer Login rather than Logout. Any links to custom html pages would retain the logged in status if you send them through the bb??????.pl script and the variable that is used in the catalog pages for the logout option is <Actinic:LOGOUT_SIMPLE/> which you could use on your custom pages.This is as much info I could get regarding your query.

Regards,
                  Robert

Comment

Working...
                  X