Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

show a product on its own when clicked?

Hello, hope someone can help out

Basically I want my products shown as per usual, but when one is clicked it is shown on its own with a description.

I could do this with extended information but I dont want it to open in a pop-up.

Many thanks, K!

You could arrange your products to each have their own section and then have a parent section containing a number of these sections. In the parent section you can put duplicates with smaller images and less description.

I do this on this site:
    http://www.fancylines.co.uk/acatalog/Corsets.html
    Note: Adult Lingerie Site

Here you will see a parent section containing duplicates - clicking on one will load the page of the original product in its own section.

Duncan R

Comment

thanks, but...

Yeah I thought about doing it like that, but I didnt want to create a section per product, it means maintaining two sets of indentical data.

I have seen a few sites doing what I want maybe they all create a section per product to get the effect. Its a shame you cant get extended information to display inline, instead of as a pop-up!

Comment

I ve created a department of duplicates which have smaller images and no description. How do I link the duplicates to the original product as per your website (which looks great by the way!)

Cheers Kris.

Comment

On the duplicate select the tab Links|Advanced Link|Product and select your product from the list - be careful not to link to a product that is preceded by 1!... or 2!... etc (that's a duplicate). The hassle is that finding your product in that list is a real pain.

Comment

There are posts regarding patching the Extended Info Popup to open in the same page. A bit of Searching should find some.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X