Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic v4 upload problems

Hi

I've got a Catalog v4.1.1.0.0.4.CBXA site here that I'm trying to move from one server (where it's been running happily for years) to a new server at Rackspace.

The network settings test is hanging for a long time and eventually failing with a 'You do not have write permissions to the cgi-bin directory "/cgi-bin/"' error. It's uploading the cp.pl and ts.pl files though, so clearly it is writing to the /cgi-bin/ folder.

I've noticed it's leaving the permissions on these scripts set to 644. I can set permissions via my FTP client using the same user account that Actinic is using, so I don't know why Actinic isn't setting them as executable, but could that be the problem? If I manually set the ts.pl script to 755 and request it, I get: "200001110128 No POSTed data was found" - so I'm assuming it would work OK if Actinic would only set the permissions.

The server is running Redhat Enterprise 4, Perl 5.8.5, Apache 2. The network settings in Actinic look correct, but I've included some settings below:

Path to CGI-BIN: /cgi-bin/
    CGI Script ID #: 1 Ext: .pl (Tried #2 and .cgi - no joy)
    Codebase: ./ (I've never understood what this setting is for...)
    Path from CGI-BIN to Catalog...: ../acatalog/
    Path to Perl: /usr/bin/perl -w (I've tried it without the -w switch but it doesn't like that)
    [x] Ignore Passive Transfer Errors

I've left the "... as viewed by the FTP server" path blank.

The FTP user can only see the web root folder with the /acatalog and /cgi-bin folders inside it, so I can't see a problem with the paths.

Any help would be very much appreciated. It's only a matter of time before the client starts calling asking why the store is down...

Do you have the correct permissions on your directories (755)?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Solved

Yes, the folder is 755. It turns out the network test is crapping out before it's finished uploading the cp.pl file.

Solved: Armed with this new knowledge I tried a search here for "vsftpd" and found this thread which contains the solution. Turns out the FTP daemon is rather oddly-configured by default.

Comment

Or, not-so-solved, as it happens...

The network settings test passes, but attempting to refresh the website fails, every time, after uploading 9.06Kb of ae000001.pl. Catalog reports "The connection with the server was terminated abnormally". The script always stops uploading at the end of line 292.

It's not a quota problem, it's not a script ID problem, it's not a permissions problem, my connection to the server is fine, I've tried deleting all the .cat, .fil, .pl and .pm files from my site folder and copying in the \Original .pl and .pm files so it generates new ones. The ae000001.pl file looks fine on my local installation, but won't upload.

I'm assuming we still have a problem with the FTP service on the remote box, but the KB solution doesn't appear to have fixed it. Any other ideas?

Comment

OK this seems to have fixed it:
          To enable Passive FTP:
          1) Click Start | Run and type in 'regedit'
          2) Find the following item in the tree view:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog4\Sites\Site1
          3) Right click in the right hand window
          4) Goto New | DWord Value
          5) Type ' PassiveFTP ' (ignore the two ' and ensure you have the case EXACTLY as in this line) and press Enter
          6) Highlight PassiveFTP, right click the mouse and choose MODIFY
          7) Change value to ' 1 '
          8) Exit registry editor and retry upload.

Comment

Working...
          X