Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site check please

Hi all,

Ive finally settled on the smart theme adjusted centrally and all pages trimmed to fit both 1024 x 768 and 800 x 600 (hopefully). I havent touched the colours or added any user content yet as im just interested in making sure I have the position and size correct. Im particularly interested in the view cart, checkout and contact pages because I had to do a lot of tweaking to shrink them for 800 x 600.

The logo has been removed and I have typed 'netquote var here' to remind me that I have to change the logo.gif for my own.

Any comments welcome, thanks.

http://207.210.84.126/

Btw, im paying peanuts for my server so dont be surprised if its a bit slow.
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Viewing on ie the whole site is fixed at 800x600

Comment

not quite, but the layout is inconsistent.

The top table containing the logo etc is set to 100%

the table containing the left, right columns and central column is set to 770.

Not good.

The overall table should be 100%, so should the table containing the left, right, central column. To make it multi res proof, the 3 columns should all be percentages, ie 20%, 60%, 20%

770 pixels wide normally is too wide for 800x600, in my experience 720 is as wide as you should go

Comment

The Cart and Checkout pages have sidebar boxes that are too wide, causing the title bar background to repeat.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

And I thought it was fine

Im a bit miffed about this because my laptop at 800x600 shows my site perfectly with all pages (including checkout) showing with no horizontal scrollbar.

Cart and checkout sidebar boxes should all be the same size as every other page. The reason I chose 770 fixed width was to remove the problem of having text re-justifying and looking odd.

If I have to perform more editing I think im going to give up
          Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Wierd! It's only minutes since your post above and the Cart and Checkout now seems OK in both IE and Firefox.

There's a minor glitch in that the Cart page has small layout variations - it seem to be forced a few pixels wider than the Product pages.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman,

I have used Frontpage 2003 to edit all of the main pages and checkout pages and also adjusted the forms width in checkout so that it didnt force the page wider. I havent gone to the extent of editing 'warning boxes' but may have to because they force the width if a customer enters a mistake.

Theres some real issues with opera and I think its due to the cell padding rendering that bill warned me about. Overall im happy as long as the pages appear the same width without any huge variations from page to page.

All I have to do now is design a logo and then photograph and weigh all my stock.

Thanks to everyone for all the help I have had and any further comments / critics much appreciated.
              Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X