Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hierarchical import - shipping - weight

Help - anyone?

Is there anyone out there who knows if it is possible to make a hierarchical import of the weight of products, and have it inserted in the optional "advanced shipping" field (standard: "Weight" I think) in the "general tab" in the "product details"??

Best regards
    Artos - Johnny Hansen
    www.artos.dk

You don't need a hierarchical import to do this, it can be achieved by a flat-flie import (i.e. one saved from Excel) and then map your weight field to 'Shipping Opaque Data' in the Actinic Import Wizard.

Comment

Thanks Chris

But I'm already using a quite "hairy" hierarchical import.
      So I would just like to include this extra information.
      Any suggestions?

Best regards
      Johnny

Comment

The product weight information goes into the product details into a field called Shipping Data. The shipping data is an opaque data field which means that the several fields can be held in a predetermined format within it - the tax fields are another example of opaque data - I don't know what the exact format for this field is but for my V4 catalog if I entered weight information for a product is was just put straight into this field. (eg I set the weight to 99999 and the field on the database - which is called ShippingOpaqueData - was set to 99999). You will need to enter a product and then edit the database to see what yours looks like - if you can't edit the database then just put it into the field. You might need to put quotes around the number because the shipping data field is a text field.

Regards
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan

But thats not what I asked...
          In the help function in Actinic there's a topic called Hierarchical file importing and there is also som sample files.
          I'm using a text file like this (generated from my Access database - not Actinics Access Database) to include all the information I need.
          In the help file however it does not look as if it is possible to import this "weight" field (or shipping field).
          So my question is: Is it possible? (maybe using Custom Propertys or...?).
          I have about 3600 products, so doing it manually would be a pain.

Best regards
          Johnny Hansen

Comment

The field I was talking about was the product weight field that you enter in the shipping details section at the bottom of the product details (advanced/general details). Which 'weight' field were you talking about?

[fx: rereads the thread]

Maybe you didn't understand this bit

"The product weight information goes into the product details into a field called Shipping Data"

This is referrering to the products section in the hierarchical import file.

The stuff about the looking at the database was referrering to a way of finding the correct format for the shipping data in your catalog setup.

Regards,

Jan.
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan,

It works fine...

Johnny

Comment

Working...
              X