Uploaded - but what next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploaded - but what next?

I have uploaded my site to 123-reg using 'Ipswitch'. There are three uploaded files; site1, acatalog and cgi-bin.

The first file (site1) is self explanatory, the second (actalog) is empty, the third (which I created) is also empty.

I'm a bit stuffed now as I thought that when all was loaded up the site would be online - but it is'nt!

There was a 'test file' which has subsequently dissapeared.

I could'nt use the wizard from WEB/CONFIGURE SITE DETAILS as it was greyed out, so went the ADVANCED/NETWORK SET UP/WIZARD route.

Whats next on the agenda? any help appreciated. Thanks - Nigel.

Did you upload from Actinic or did you copy your site1 directory onto the webserver?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I copied the site1 directory onto the webserver Jan

Comment

Ah, you need to setup network details (looks like you have done this already) and then go to web refresh site to put your website online. When you have refreshed it once, you can then use the green up arrows on the tool bar to upload.

Good luck,

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

One thing to check is the mode you are running under within the network settings.

You mentioned that options where grey'd out, so go back into the network setup and click the convert button, and if it asks if you want to switch to stand alone mode, and NOT to host mode, then switch it to stand alone and then go through the wizard again, as some more options will now be available.

At the web server end, make sure you have a cgi-bin and acatalog folder within your /documents, or /public_html or /web or what ever the public area is called at your end, with the folders needing to be chmod to 0755, which they should do automatically when you create them if doing it in an FTP clients.

Comment

I've managed progress of sorts

In ADVANCED NETWORK SET/WIZARD I couldn't get beyond the (4th?) screen due to the following error;

The wizard received an error while verifying the web server. Error send request

However, back to the main toolbar, I refreshed the site then clicked the green/blue upload button.

Although everything seemed to work there were a number of error messages like Examine Actalog Directory and network error while merging files the parameters incorrect and Invalid HTTP URL.

I checked the files on the webserver and found most to be there though the INDEX.HTML was empty.

The site doesn't work (as expected!) so its back to the drawing board for now

Comment

I have 'progressed' a little (I think ), managed to run a test on ADVANCED/NETWORK SETUP with the following results;

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
              server: passed
              connection: passed
              sockets: passed
              communications: failed
              authorisation: passed

Where do I look to sort out the communication?.

Also I cannot get the SMTP settings to be accepted, I've checked and rechecked and all seems correct, I get this message;

The computer you specified as your mail server is not a valid mail (SMTP) server. Check the computer name or address and try again. If it fails again, then it is possible, you were locked out by a firewall program, or you don't have network connection to this server.

Meanwhile I'll keep at it!

Comment

Sometimes you host can provide an Actinic network settings import file - who are you hosting with?

Regards,

Comment

Jan - Posting with 123-reg

Comment

is it windows or unix server

Have you done a forum search on fasthosts to see other descriptions of errors with this host?

Comment

I'm not sure if it's windows or unix? nor how to find out

I checked the 'Actinic Knowledge Base' and found settings for 123-reg and found this;

http://knowledge.actinic.com/acatalo...gs.html#aKB362

I've created a cgi-bin and acatalog but beyond that I dont understand how to set permissions.

I attempted to 'import' the text but it would not import (in 'Word')

Comment

Working through the 'Configure Web Site Details'

1) 'Proxy/Firewall Configuration' - I click 'none' for http & ftp

2) 'FTP Account' - all details completed ok

3) 'Web Site Address' - I enter my web address

......at this point a message appears 'the wizard received an error while verifying the web server. Error sending request

If I then replace my web address it will then accept it and go through a checking proceedure and onto 'DIRECTORIES'.

My directories are;

site1
                        acatalog
                        cgi-bin
                        index.html

on the right I assume /cgi-bin/ is correct?
                        and below in the 'Web Root Directory'?
                        ..I'm not sure what goes in there

Which one of the above four files contain the 'Web Root Directory'?

help please!

Comment

posted in error

Comment

I cant get beyond FTP ACCOUNT with the wizard, sends this message;

Unable to connect to the FTP server "hosting3.123-reg.co.uk". The connection with the server was reset

Comment

Hi Nigel

This is the set up info from 123 reg

We have put together some instruction for those setting up Actinic
                              Ecommerce on 123-reg.

1 - Login to your site using FTP client software such as CuteFTP

2 - Create a directory called cgi-bin

3 - Create a dirctory called acatalog

4 - Set permissions on cgi-bin to "755"

5 - Set Permissions on acatalog to "777"

6 - Replace <YourDomain>, <YourUserName> and <YourPassword> in the
                              following 16 lines of text with the information supplied by 123-reg and
                              save them to a text file. You can then import them into Actinic
                              Ecommerce using "Advanced | Network Setup | Import"

SCRIPTID 1
                              SCRIPTEXT .pl
                              SMTPHOST <YourDomain>
                              WEBSITEURL http://<YourDomain>
                              IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
                              PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
                              CATALOGURL http://<YourDomain>/acatalog/
                              CGIBINURL http://<YourDomain>/cgi-bin/
                              PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
                              CODEBASE ./
                              FTPHOST hosting.123-reg.co.uk
                              FTPUSERNAME <YourUserName>
                              FTPPASSWORD <YourPassword>
                              PATHTOCGIBIN /cgi-bin/
                              USEPASSIVEFTP false
                              You will need to manually upload an index.html to replace the holding page-that causes huge problems.

Mick

Comment

Working...
                              X