Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export and Import

Hi,
    currently im using Actinic business 7, while there are some data from another computer which is using Actinic Catalog 6. to build the site faster, i did an export from catalog 6 and merged the exported data from business 7.

but after i import the merged file back into business 7, with instructions from the Help section, i had received certain errors and not all data from version 6 was added into version 7.

here are most of the errors found.
    "Field date too long"
    "Wrong number of Fields"

is this due to the version difference that it is not possible to do such a merge? hope to clarify this so i can move on to add the products instead of trying to solve the problem.

thanks
    yong

sorted out the wasnt able to import part, it was due to the different section template not found.

now there's another problem, even though i had cleared out the section templates, images etc.
    but after import, only a minor proportion of the products are imported, whereas majority was not and the error was:
    "Line 5675: Wrong number of fields. Expected 57 but got 42."

i checked through the line which this error occurs
    with the line which the product that was imported successfully. (both products were to be import from catalog 6)
    all their columns are the same, whether its empty or theres data in the cell column.

but still couldnt know why most of the products werent imported.

Comment

Have you tried cut and paste instead of using snapshots, that may work big word is maybe
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

wasnt using the snapshot.

was using the import and export feature where u can export them into excel or txt files. and import them back in. useful for repeated tasks.

anywhere solved the "Wrong number of Fields" errors as when view in comma-delimited, some commas are missing.

still there left the other problem of "Field data too long"
        even though i did an update instead of replace, this error still persist.
        hope someone can enlighten me on this

Comment

Hi there,

In order to determine the issue, we need to look into that excel file. So please call technical support if you have Actinic cover, else register a support query at http://actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm
          [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Navy]
          Regards,
          Karthik

Comment

Hi, for the support query,

what should i put for "name of the supplier" field

and the "full name" field
            should i put my name or the person who purchased it? (as im the person helping to develop the site only)

thanks

Comment

Hi there,

"name of the supplier"- It's from whom you bought the software. So if it's directly from us, then put Actinic or put the name of the reseller.

You can put your name in the "full name" field.
              [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Navy]
              Regards,
              Karthik

Comment

Hi karthik,

i have found out the problem, its due to the fragments i used has exceeded the maximum number of characters allowed for fragments, whether is brochure or section.

but i guess its inevitable as i need all the texts in it. so maybe this post will serve as a lookout for others having similar error of "Field data too long"

Comment

Working...
                X