Internal OLE Automation error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal OLE Automation error

I've just tried to install Actinic v7 from CD onto my new XP Pro PC. The install completes correctly, however as soon as I try and launch it the first time I get an error window pop up.

The window's title is Catalog, and the error message is "Internal OLE Automation error"

I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling, but I get the same error message. Is there anything else that I can try?

thanks

You possibly need MDAC - I think there is a download link on the Actinic Support site - let me look.

No, but I gor this from the Knowledge base.
    Make sure no other apllications are running and then run the MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) patch from the Actinic Installation CD. The file is called MDAC_TYP.EXE, and is located in the MDAC folder. You may need to re-boot the PC after installation.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Unfortunatly that hasn't worked.

Any other suggestions????

Comment

Did you reboot?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Yep... afraid so...

Comment

Hi,

I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling, but I get the same error message. Is there anything else that I can try?
            When you uninstalled, did you delete the 'actinic v7' folder from 'program files'. 'Add/Remove Programs' through the control panel never does this so you should do it manually.

I have searched through our database and can only find one occurrence of this error reported before and reinstalling MDAC solved that one.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Had to reinstall the OS - a bit drastic, but at least thats fixed the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X