Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online catalogue page as home page

Hello,

I wonder if anyone knows a way to make my 'online catalogue' page my home page. I don't have any use for the home page.

Thanks,

from Fiona

Here is how to do it on a Unix/Linux server

Is the 'online catalogue' page called index.html? If not we will rename it later..

Select the home page and untick the option 'use as website home page'

If you want to keep the other brochure pages information, cut and paste it to a new section inside the online catalogue structure.

If necessary, rename the 'online catalogue' page to index.html (this stops people being able to read your folder contents in their browser)

add a redirect in your .htaccess file (create one if you do not already have one) that directs all the requests for index.html to http ://<yourfulldomain>/acatalog/index.html

create an empty text file named index.htm on your desktop (again this will be used to stop browsers being able to read the folder contents)

Now upload from Actinic to refresh the website structure.

Use FTP to copy the amended .htaccess and the empty index.htm to your website root. Delete any existing index.html file in the root.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your reply. I understand the first 5 lines, but beyond that I'm lost!

Would it be easier to keep the home page but change the content of it so that it is an exact copy of the online catalogue page?

from Fiona

Comment

Fiona,

I did not give the details of how to do an htaccess file etc because those have all been answered in great detail before.

A forum search on the unclear terms will turn up loads of detailed help, including links to online tutorials.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X