text colour change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

text colour change

Can I change the colour of the individual product titles?

And in Smart theme, the section titles in the left hand bar menu.At present it all blends into bit of an undefined mess.

Mark,

Have you taken the site off-line? I followed the homepage link in your profile and ended up on a 'successful apache install page' which said the domain was ready for use.

You can either play around in Design | Colors to get a working contrast, or create and use custom css classes to get the effect you want.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

You could use a Custom Property.

Go to Advanced / Custom Properties, click the "+" and create one called NAMECOLOUR.

Go to Design / Options / Site Defaults / Properties, click the "+" and select NAMECOLOUR. Set it's value to black or whatever you use for your default colour (if using Business, uncheck Searchable and check Use as CUSTOMVAR).

Now edit your Product Template(s) and replace

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME

with
      Code:
      <font color="CUSTOMVAR:NAMECOLOUR">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</font>
      Now for the products that you want a different coloured name, go to Product Details / Properties and set NAMECOLOUR to the desired colour - either a valid HTML colour name or an RGB value like #ff8844 (if using Business, uncheck Searchable and check Use as CUSTOMVAR).

You can also set this property at the Section level to change all products at once.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you gents,

Umm, followed the instructions above and was delighted how easy it was, until I previewed the site and the product title was still the same colour as the description text!

I opened the Act_ProductLine.html in note pad…..because

when I try to open the template using the Advanced – Template manager, I select the product template and it wont open, I get,

“The .EXE file specified for the template editor is not valid (non win32.EXE or error in the EXE image)

Please edit the command line”

At which point I quit.

If I click on the “attributes” template in the Template Manager, it opens!

Comment

Advanced | Template Manager - change to the grey tabbed view if you are on the graphical one. Click the editor button and either replace what is there with notepad.exe or delete the content (notepad is the default).

If you want to use another editor, then you need to find and enter the correct programme name.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

The standard editor is good old Notepad. Open Template manager and click Editor. Then Browse to Notepad.exe which is probably in your C:\Windows folder.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sorted.

Editor problem 2 mins - thanks for that.

So went back to the template, still yellow.

3 hours latter - despite claiming to of followed Normans instructions to the letter, I found what I done wrong.

<fontcolor=.............>

now <font colour=................>

Comment

Working...
              X