Components and Custom Variant Layouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Components and Custom Variant Layouts

Hi Everyone - I've been around a while and found this forum invaluable, so I thought it about time I showed my face!

We have been working on a comprehensive redesign of our site for a few months now and we are about to go live with it. It's on our testing server at the moment, but we have come across a rather major snag.

Our product layout has been customised using the VARIANTADDTOCART in order to set the variants apart from the add to cart button. This works nicely with attributes and choices. However, when the variants contain a component, as the choice attracts an additional charge, the selection isn't passed through to the shopping cart. It works when you change the layout back to the normal ADDTOCART, so is there an issue with components and VARIANTADDTOCART?

Any help on this would be very gratefully received as this is the preventing us from uploading the new site and my hair is getting thinner by the hour!
    Gordon Bond
    Stand & Deliver.com Ltd

www.standanddeliver.com

How many atrributes have you got - I do the same on my site if I try to use more than 3.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

There may be up to four variants for a product, but mostly two or three. On variants that are made up of attributes/choices the selection appears in the cart without a problem. When an attribute/choices are part of a component (because a charge is being made for the choice), the selection is not passed to the cart. Generally there is only one attribute to each component.

This does work with the standard ADDTOCART, but not it appears with the VARIANTADDTOCART, which we need for the layout of our product page.

I did read on the forum that there was a problem with components and variant layouts some time ago, but I am not sure that it was this specific issue.
      Gordon Bond
      Stand & Deliver.com Ltd

www.standanddeliver.com

Comment

Could you give me an example of a product that is not working.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

OK - I'll take a simple example.

We have a 1 shelf audio equipment stand at £69.00. You can also choose extra shelves for this item at £24.00 each.

I have set up a component to list the prices of the shelving configurations (1 shelf £0.00, 2 shelves £24.00, 3 shelves £48.00 etc) in the permutations tab and set the pricing model as 'sum of Product and Component Prices'. I then have an attribute placed within the component to set up the drop down list and choices set up to reflect the options - 1 Shelf +£0.00, 2 Shelves +£24.00, 3 Shelves +£48.00 etc.

When you select the item without choosing any options, the item is placed in the cart correctly. However if you wanted a 2 shelf version of the stand, for example, you would select the 2 shelves option in the variant drop down and add to cart, which should display the stand + an extra shelf in the cart. However, only the product is shown, not the extra shelf option.

Hope this makes sense!
          Gordon Bond
          Stand & Deliver.com Ltd

www.standanddeliver.com

Comment

There were bugs in VARIANTS in early V7's. What version are you on? See the Change Log for the most recent Update.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

It does sound very like the problem I have been having - it could also be your template though. I am using 7.0.3 at the moment and I can have 3 variants, as Norman says, there were problems in the very early version that meant the the variant numbers were incorrect, so if you are using a very early version, try changing the variant numbers until it work.

Regards,

Comment

I'm on the latest version of the multi-user - 7.5.1. Can't test the site on Developer (which I also have) as the two platforms aren't compatible, evidently.

I have contacted James at Actinic Support, but there were no issues that he was aware of.

Norman - what issues are documented in earlier versions?
                Gordon Bond
                Stand & Deliver.com Ltd

www.standanddeliver.com

Comment

what issues are documented in earlier versions?
                  I'm not sure. I recall that using NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS missed the hidden variable needed for non-optional components in early V7. It was me that found that bug and pointed it out to Actinic.

Best search the Forum or read the release notes for the latest patch on the Actinic site - they're cumulative and include all prior releases notes as well.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I've found the problem now - it was an issue with the template after all.

Thanks to you both for your input though - it's nice to be a part of such a constructive (and pleasant!) community.

Best wishes
                    Gordon Bond
                    Stand & Deliver.com Ltd

www.standanddeliver.com

Comment

Working...
                    X