Have I outgrown Actinic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Version 8 Help?

Does version 8 help with the importing / purge issue?

The reason I don't import the whole file is

a) It takes too long to create (from my application)
    b) Some stuff in the catalog is static and has been created by hand

It seems that a simple command switch to purge, or import etc would take a short while to code and increase flexibility with the product.

Comment

would take a short while to code
      don't agree with that at all, it would be quite a tricky thing to do IMHO.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
        don't agree with that at all, it would be quite a tricky thing to do IMHO.

Regards,
        Surely a piece of code that does a purge then exists actinic on a command line prompt would be easy and a piece of code that does a import with all standard buttons chosen as is wouldn't be rocket science

I'm not asking for new code to something else, just automate what's there!

I just need to take a structure from another system and import it without destroying whats there already. A bit like a replace import by section

Comment

It isn't an easy thing to do, maybe Actinic will contradict me here though, if it was easy, I would have done it ages ago :-)

To backtrack, you want to use update but can't because Actinic doesn't detect items you have deleted from your external database and remove them ... if this is the case (although it is more likely that I have missed something), we do have something easy to do here, just write a bit of SQL to mark these items as deleted after the update has been done - we could write you a bit of SQL to do this if you don't want to do it (small charge would apply though).

The key to update is to not use autogenerated product references, it will work with autogenerated refs but not as well.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan
            The products are not using autogenerated codes.

I have a routine that looks at the import file and marks for deletion the sections / products that need to be deleted (all that is then needed is a purge in actinic)

I can automate the import except for the delay in waiting for the import to end as no new windows are opened (or closed) but an Ok button is presented.

Does this make sense?

Comment

I think it makes sense, you are happy with the import and purge that is provided however it takes too long, so you want a command line switch to do this so that you can leave it to run in the background. Rather annoyingly I can't offer any helpful solution though, sorry.

Regards,

Comment

Actaully maybe I can help a little

I can automate the import except for the delay in waiting for the import to end as no new windows are opened (or closed) but an Ok button is presented.
                You can run this command to close Actinic, it works when hierarchical import is in progress, so you could wait a while (an hour say) and then run this

"C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Catalog.exe" -q

Apologies if this is old news for you.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                X