Developing more than one site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developing more than one site

Firstly, I have the developers version Actinic7.
    I have Actinic loaded on my laptop and on my main PC.
    As I have around 3 clients wanting the services of Actinic I would like to be able to just hop from one site to the other as these developments are a continual ongoing development.
    However, when you click on FILE there is no option to OPEN another site, it always shows you the last one you were working on.

Secondly, I like to take the development of a site to show my client on my laptop so that we can chew over a few details. This is also proving a little frustrating as I place the folder within the Site1 folder and its in the correct place but how on earth do I get it to open as there is no facility of choice to open another file.

Thanks

Hi,

to load new sites you need to go to File | Sites | License New Sites .. that will create a default working site into which you can then either create the site or import a snapshot

Previewing all off-line is a little tricky. You can "Preview Catalog" on the tool bar (the double page and magnifier icon) but that can leave some ofthe files and functionality missing. Best to load the new site onto a test area of a webserver and then connect normally via the internet

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by jont
      Hi,

to load new sites you need to go to File | Sites | License New Sites .. that will create a default working site into which you can then either create the site or import a snapshot

Previewing all off-line is a little tricky. You can "Preview Catalog" on the tool bar (the double page and magnifier icon) but that can leave some ofthe files and functionality missing. Best to load the new site onto a test area of a webserver and then connect normally via the internet
      This is all very new to me and unfortunately, having used Dreamweaver applications over the last few years I assume it should be the same procedure. I have to forget the way I created sites in the past when using Actinic as I keep confusing myself. Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Working...
      X