A couple of Shipping questions........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of Shipping questions........

I have set up my shipping charges based on weight & have all products "shipped separately", however we need to set up a maximum shipping charge of £25 per order - regardless of weight - any ideas please?

Rather more complex, I need to have a free shipping charge on any order that contains specific products - again any suggestions or do you know of anyone that has done similar,

Cheers D

Afraid I do not believe you can charge shipping on some items and then no shipping on others, especially when operating a weight based shipping system.

To assign a maximum amount to charge for shipping, create your shipping table upto the value/weight combination £25 and then underneath this table will be an option to allow excesses or take the highest value in the table, with this last one being what you want, i.e. if the weight is about the highest you have set in the shipping table, then charge the top rate in there, which will be your 25 pounder.

Hope that helps.

Comment

To address the first part, what I have done is this. I wanted 4 shipping costs up to a maximum of £5.50. This is what I set up in the shipping bands section.

Kg Cost

0.24 £1.50
      0.49 £2.50
      1.24 £3.75
      50.00 £5.50

The 50Kg is much higher than any order I would envisage, but it can be set higher if your products are heavy.

For the second part, if you are shipping items separately, you could give the ones that have free shipping 0Kg weight and set that up in shipping bands

Kg Cost
      0.00 £0.00

That has worked for me in the past. If they are being shipped with other items then as they are 0Kg they will not add to the shipping costs of the items you are charging for. Hope this makes sense.

Bob
      Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
      Bob Isaac
      Director/Web Admin
      Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Comment

Thanks for your replies - but I dont think either will quite satisfy what Im trying to do :

Problem One :

I have weights set up as follows figures are examples only)

KG COST
        0.5 £1.20
        1.0 £3.40
        1.5 £5.00
        2.0 £6.00

I need any order to have a maximum COst of £25 regardless of weight.
        As I need to ship separately if someone orders 10 products which weight 1.5kg then my costs are coming out at £50.00
        I need to ship separatley because as you can see the cost for shipping 1 item of 1.5kg(£5.00) is more than shipping 1 at 1.0kg(3.40)
        and 1 at 0.5kg(1.20)
        If I put in a maximum band for (say) 100kg at £25 it is ignored.

Problem Two

I am trying to get a total shipping charge for an order of £0 when certain products appear on the order along with products that do normally attract a shipping charge -

ie Product A is free shipping
        Product B is shipping at £3.40

If an order has BOTH products on it then the total shipping for the order needs to be free.

I think I need to be able to identify want products are in the order at cart stage and then ignore applying shipping charges.

Comment

Hi there

Problem One:

Add a new grid within the shipping table as follows

0.5 £1.20
          1.0 £3.40
          1.5 £5.00
          3.0-£25.00

And set the Excess as 'Take the highest value in the table',so that it will calculate the shipping charge as £25.00 for product which weighs above 3.0kg

Problem Two:

I am afraid it won't be possible to club the shipping charges because the shipping is global in actinic.

I hope this helps.
          Regards

Dhivya Malani

Comment

Working...
          X