Component Quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component Quantity

We are trying to move some of our traditional product ranges onto the net with varying success. One of our strengths has been that a customer can specify the length of a product which could be between 100 and 4000mm; ideally the price and weight would also be goverened by this figure.

Does anyone have any suggestions of the best way to allow the user this option? Currently I'm using associating products as permutations of attributes within a length component but don't really want to create and maintain 1000's of items for one product.
    The other way that I considered is having a component called length with a price and weight and allowing the user to specify the number of these components to include but I can't see a way of allowing the user to specify this either.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I understand Norman over at www.drillpine.biz has written a plug in for something very similar

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I''ll download it and see how it works.

Comment

Unfortunately this only allows specification of a quantity and despite much lateral thinking it is not going to help much.

Another consideration I have had is to replace the check box which appears when a component is defined as optional with a text box that would allow a quantity of this component to be specified. Has anyone had any experience of doing anything like this? How likely is it to break Actinic?

Comment

Apologies - it is not shown for download - contact Norman directly and he will point you in the direction of an example site and quote for the work accordingly.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Sorry Andrew, but can you not use the quantity box to input a number of centimetres and calculate your unit price based on the centimetre?
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses, we have considered using the quantity but unfortunately the length is only one of a number of possible parameters the user may supply!

(O for a simple product line)

Comment

Working...
              X