Refresh site issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refresh site issue

A client of mine is currently experiencing problems with their site. Actinic seems to be failing to recognising that changes have been made within the store.

For example when an upload or site refresh is carried out only 50% of pages seem to have the corresponding changes made to them.

An example of this is that i got the customer to rename their Shopping cart from 'Online Catalogue' to 'Online Shop'. You would now think that by doing an upload on the site all references to 'Online Catalogue' would be changed ... for example within the parent section links etc ..

However this is not the case, some pages still display 'Online Catalogue'. Im using this as just an example, but it becomes more of an issue when making site wide changes.

Is there any known issues of actinic failing to 're-template' and realise that a given page has been modified ???

Many thanks

These files are more than likely in the browser cache.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

unfortunatley there not
      the 10 machines in our development office see the site exactly the same as the client does on their machine

Comment

Anyone ?

Comment

It could still be a cacheing problem in your site server. Perhaps there's a cacheing proxy server feeding your 10 machines.

Two things to try.

Use a completely different system that's never looked at the site before and uses a completely different dial-up method (that internet cafe over the road perhaps).

Look at the site with an FTP profgram and check the date and source of the pages to see if they're up-to-date.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yeah we do have a caching proxy but we can also access without the proxy and the problem still occurs, i have also tested on a machine at home and a few of my colleagues have as well.

I have logged onto the sit via FTP and the pages that are both correct and incorrect have the same time/date attributes.

Comment

When using FTP and you view the source of the pages in a text editor(WS/FTP lets you do this) are they in-fact old ones?

Norman

Comment

yeah im using ws/ftp and a view source shows they are the old files but contain current time/date

Comment

Wild guess time!

Permissions? Any chance that some of the files on the Actinic system are Read Only? Or some other permission problem on the server.

If not that You could also try changing nothing other than the network settings to point to a different server and see if the fault moves.

If none of these help I'm stumped.

Norman

Comment

If that does not work, then your next port of call is probably to raise an email support request here and then the team will be able to try out your server for themselves.

Comment

If that does not work, then your next port of call is probably to raise an email support request here and then the team will be able to try out your server for themselves.

Comment

after tearing my hair out and almost going insane i have finally managed to fix this.

Somehow copies of the generated html files had made their way into the site root directory, these files were copies of the old files so i imagine that when doing an upload/refresh actinic was physically uploading these completed html files instead of templating out the new version.

hope that makes sense ... its working now anyhow

Comment

Working...
                        X