X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple competition form

Hi

I'm trying to add a simple competition form to a site on a test server at
    http://domain884877.sites.fasthosts....mpetition.html and have worked out how to amend the act_contactus.html and mailform.pl to send the information back.

What I can't work out is how to create a new template as I want act_contactus.html to remain as it is. I've duplicated act_contactus.html and made the changes, then included this in a brochure page but it no longer recognizes the netquotevars or calls the mailform script.

I notice that the opening form tag is missing. If I manually add that what should I put as the action to call the script?

Hope that makes sense to someone! Any help is appreciated.

Regards

R
    Ruth Hibberd
    Http://www.ivisual.co.uk Web Design and Development

I would return Act_ContactUs to its original state. Then I would create the competition form in an external web application such as formmail and add it to the site, then add a hand coded link in Act_Primary that points to the added pagename.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working but not sending mail

Hi

Thanks for answering.

Not being familiar with Perl formmail looks really scary to me but i've created a script using formstogo which appears to run. The form redirects the user to the success or failure pages correctly, it just doesn't send the email.

I'm hosting on a fasthosts linux server.
      The path to the perl script is #!/usr/bin/perl and the path to the sendmail is $mailProg = '/usr/sbin/sendmail -i -t';

I've got both the from and to addresses on the domain where its hosted.

Any ideas?
      Ruth Hibberd
      Http://www.ivisual.co.uk Web Design and Development

Comment

That is why I suggested formmail. It sends the mail.

Not sure why you find it scary, as you don't actually put anything in the formmail script, you just call it from the <form> tag like this
        Code:
        <form action="http://yourdomain/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi" method="POST" target=" name="Competition entry">
        <input type=hidden name="recipient" value="your email address for delivery"><input type=hidden name="subject" value="New Competition Entry"><input type=hidden name="required" value="email,other field names you want to make mandatory"><input type=hidden name="redirect" value="http://your domain name/ThankYou.html" target="_self">
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X