creating a 'picture gallery' of all products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating a 'picture gallery' of all products

is it possible to create a picture gallery (with thumbnail images of each product, and possibly the product name) of all the available products, but without displaying prices or any 'add to cart' features?

Ideally, the thumbnail would link to a larger image for each product, if that would be possible as well.
    thanks for any help!

Although done manually, this type of thing might suit you (select Filmstrip):

http://www.fancylines.co.uk/acatalog...ines_News.html
    Note: Adult Lingerie Site

It was done with the MS Slideshow Power Toy.

Duncan R

Comment

thanks for the reply - are each of this images stored in Actinic though? The client wants a picture gallery page only, and then in the future may extend it to a full e-commerce site, so I was hoping we could get the majority of the work set up within Actinic for the picture gallery.
      I think they'd like to see a thumbnail of every product within a certain range displayed on a single page.

Comment

In my case I just created this separately, but it could've been linked to pictures in acatalog.
        If you want it to be maintained by Actinc then it sounds like you need to create some sections with duplicates and change the productline template so that a small duplicate product image can link to a popup with a larger image, but without add to cart etc. This would give static pages of thumbnails like a gallery.
        A bit like this page (but without the add to cart etc):
        http://www.fancylines.co.uk/acatalog/Babydolls.html

There may be better ways also that someone else could add.

Comment

that looks pretty much like what we're after - would Actinic generate any script errors if the add to cart button is removed from the product line template?

Comment

just untick "can be ordered online" against the product under the "general" tab

or try commenting out the add to cart NQV if on a global scale

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thanks Jont - so that will still allow the images to be displayed, but hides the price and 'add to cart' does it?

Comment

Yes - all the description, image etc still show - just the add to cart function is removed from the page.

If you want to remove the price you need to comment out the appropriate NQV .. same for other items you don't require

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                X