Do I need 'SSL' ticked for Paypal? and one other question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need 'SSL' ticked for Paypal? and one other question

Wondered if anyone can help with the following?

1) In BUSINESS SETTINGS/PAYMENT & SECURITY

Do I need to tick the SSL box? (I am using Paypal only)

Do I need to tick the FALLBACK box next to Paypal (ticked at moment)

2) Tried out a 'test sale'. I was not given the option to purchase 'with a Paypal account' or 'without a Paypal account. In fact there was no mention of Paypay.

I was asked for my credit card details etc and didn't go beyond that (as there was no indication of Paypal.

Had I entered the details would this have taken me to the Paypal site or should the Paypal data appear before card details are asked for?

Any help appreciated.

Nigel

www.squidsin.co.uk
    Last edited by Nigel Smith; 15-Mar-2006, 01:07 PM. Reason: question incomplete

You do not need SSL for Paypal. Do not select fallback unless you only want Paypal to be offered as a last resort if no other method is applicable.
    You should not enter any Credit Card info before going to Paypal, only delivery info etc.
    It sounds as though you may not have setup your payment method in Actinic. Go to Bus settings|Payment & Security and ensure you have Paypal set up as a payment method.
    You will or course also need a Paypal merchant account.

Comment

Everything seems to be working ok now. Having 'unticked' the FALLBACK box, thats resolved the problem, I've put a couple of 'test sales' through and all works fine.

Thanks for the info.

Nigel.

Comment

Working...
      X