How do I create optional extras???...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I create optional extras???...

I want make it easy for customers to select optional extras, some of which can also be purchased separately.

1) I have create the necessary products - some hidden where they cannot be purchased separately. But I can't find a combination that allows people to buy 3 of the main product + 1 optional extra. (I have tried quantity on product page but it makes no difference)

2) Also selecting "Include 'NONE' in Attribute Choice List" doesn't result in 'NONE' being the default!!!

Suggestoins welcomed
    Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
    Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Hi Alan,

1. a component (if set to 1) will add 1 component item for every main product item added to cart .... add 3 cages will get you 3 water feeders

2. the choices are displayed in the order they appear beneath the attribute - make sure the "none" is at the top of the list and it will default to that

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

A work around for the componets could be to have the main product featured as normal and directly beneath have a duplicate product set with a modified Act_ProductLayout which you can set to say just a single line and "add a water feeder" to the above product .....

Bikster

Comment

Thanks Jont.

Yes, I already worked out the sequence thing, but the tick box " Include NONE" doesn't seems to work properly. Seems like a half-implemented feature!

I'll try the other approach you suggested.
        Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
        Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

There are no tick boxes against choices - either a drop down box or radio buttons - if there was a tick box it would not be a choice but an option

Bikster

Comment

Working...
          X