Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free version from PCpro magazine

Hi,
    I am using a the actinic catalog version v7 from the PCpro magazine (from 03.2006). I requested a license key from Actinic...which I recieved, I launched the software and everithing was great. I was able to create a shop. However, do I have to acquire a new site license for every shop? If yes how much is that?

And another more important question. This shop (if it is eventually done) will actinic host it, or will the software give me the option to upload it to what ever hosting company I want (with my unique url).

Is that "free" version, which I have exactly the same than the actinic catalog ypou can buy here for 499£???

I hope anyone can answer thes questions.
    I wish everyone a nice rest of the week

M.

The free versions are usually limited to 25 products - the full versions are unlimited.

Yes - each site (read URL) requires a new license unless you go down the Developer route at £14000.00 which allows unlimted sites to be created. The cost varies depending on which version you buy Catalog, Business or Developer. Buisiness is certainly worth the extra over from Catalog as provides more useful features - see the matrix link as provided on your other thread.

You can trial host with Actinic in trial mode or you can upload to your own URL. Note that you can only upload to 1 URL of your own as this is registered with Actinic upon first upload - so if you are testing on your own servers ensure the URL is that of the live site when published.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

jont said
      at £14000.00
      Errmmm, is that not £1,500.00?
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

probably second guessing v8 release

yep - just checked the site and it is now £1500.00 plus VAT ... inflation for you

Bikster

Comment

£14,000.00 FourTEEN?
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

well... if Chris has got everything on the wish list into v8 then hey... thats a lot of coding work to be recovered

(over eager touch typing in the original reply more likely though!)

Bikster

Comment

Working...
            X