Catalog vs. express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog vs. express

Can anyone tell me the big diffrence between the actinic catalog v7 and the actinic express ???

That would be very helpful

P.S. I might sound like an ideot...but I just started a couple of days ago

Thanks,

M.

http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/matrix.htm
    www.gbradley.co.uk
    Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Biggest difference is Express is an online resource - best suited to smaller and start up companies ... if you outgrow express there is the option to export the site into Catalog or Business which will save a lot of re-entering of products etc

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

express has a monthlyfee which includes the software and hosting.

catalog etc is a one off fee to buy andthen you find and pay to host

Comment

Express got quite a good review in last months .NET magazine

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Catalog runs on your PC, you design the website there and then upload it to your server, you then download orders to your website and process them there.

You provide you own hosting for catalog but express comes as a package including hosting and support.

Catalog is more configurable than express, you can edit the templates used to make the website and so you can do anything you want style wise.

Catalog has a more comprehensive order processing system that Express.

Catalog and Express are both search engine friendly.

However, you can start with Express, which is very easy to set up and use and it very low cost and you can then at a later date upgrade to catalog (I think - perhaps Actinic could confirm).

They both have a free trial, so I would suggest that you have a play and see which meets you needs.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X