Discount issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount issues

Good morning, can anyone shed any light on this issue.

We sell plants, the aim of the special offer is to allow invited people to get a selection of our packs free to review the service. Straight forward.

But, to do this I have set up a discount of £11.50 which would allow them to select 5 packs and get all of it free so the trigger is quanity of 5 (code needed).

However, if they decide to order more packs and they are happy to pay the difference they can BUT as more packs are ordered the discount goes down!! So they order 8 packs instead of £11.50 off it is only £10.00.

Can anyone explain that and how can I stop it happening?

It has puzzled me, appreciate any help, regards Mash
    Mash

Derrick,
    Could you post the values you have used to set up this discount? That might help to see what is going wrong.
    Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
    Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

Ok the values remembering that we want FOC 5 pack special including P&P (due to the multi delivery date P&P is a strange with our site).

5 x £1.50 = £7.50
      P&P = £4.00

Total £11.50 using a code to give a discount of £11.50 off once the 5 have been selected.

Normally with only 5 packs it works.

If you order more say 8 (8 x £1.50 + £4.00 - £11.50 (discount)) = £4.50

But what happens is that the total is correct (£16.00) for some reason the discount is now £10.00 so giving a wrong total of £6.00

Totally confussed, any ideas would be great to clear this one up. Thanks Mash
      Mash

Comment

Any Friday suggestions regarding this issue?

Thanks Mash
        Mash

Comment

Hi Mash,

I have passed this issue to development for them to comment on, I will update you with their comments.

Comment

Thank you I look forward to hearing back. Have a good weekend take care Mash
            Mash

Comment

Hi Mash,

Sorry for the delay. We are able to replicate the problem and the development team is still investigating the issue. I will get back to you with an update.

Comment

Thank you, keep me post, take care M
                Mash

Comment

Hi Mash,

Go to "View|Discounts and Surcharge Settings",set reward amount to 7.50 and it should work as expected. I have tried this on my default site and it works.

Comment

Thanks for the help, however, I need the discount to take into account the delivery which is £4 hence £11.50.

I did what you said regarding

"View|Discounts and Surcharge Settings", set reward amount to 7.50
                    And entered £7.50 which worked, then increased this to £11.50 and it works.

I have been setting up discounts on the product tag not through View|Discounts and Surcharge Settings.

Would that make any difference? Working now which is superb.

Thanks for all your help kind regards Mash
                    Mash

Comment

Hi Mash,

If you have set "Calculation Basis" in "View|Business Settings|Shipping and Handling" to "Total Quantity", then you can specify the following for Quantity Vs Cost table
                      Qty Cost
                      5------0
                      6------4
                      The above settings will waive the shipping cost for the free sample(pack of 5).Hence we can make the reward amount set to 7.50

Comment

Well, there lies a story, as Actinic can not cope with multiple delivery charges, which would be on my wish list. We have to deal which month as a delivery window, causes major problems.

Therefore the only solution we come up with is to have a product called delivery which is linked back to the pack as a component. Slightly odd but it works.

I was just commenting that entering the discount one place caused an issue then entering the same information somewhere else it works!

Thanks for the help, just need to sort out the email information!

Kind regards Mash

PS Delivery zones during the year would be very useful but that is a whole new subject!
                        Mash

Comment

Working...
                        X