X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Zones

Hi,

At the risk of sounding dim...
    I would like to set up a shipping zone as a catch all, to set shipping prices by quantities.

At the moment we have UK, Rest of EU and North America as three zones.

My difficulty is selecting the countries to go into the catch all zone...my geography isnt all that good.

Is there a way of defining a shipping band without selecting any countries?
    Ideally I would like to add a country called "Everywhere else".

Any ideas?
    Erix

http://www.oneshoelane.co.uk

Under Business Settings | Shipping and Handling | Shipping Bands right click in the "by zone" field and select "New Zone" ... enter the name eg "Everywhere" and hit OK (dont add in members) ... the new zone will appear. Righ click the new zone to add an existing or new class

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I just tried it, however the zone "Everywhere" does not show as an option at checkout time. how do i make this visible?
      Erix

Comment

Set up your tax zones, UK, Europe, N America, Rest of the World. Choose the countries that belong to UK (UK?) and Europe (list on the EU site), and N America(US and Coonadia). Choose everything that's left for RoW.

Set up your shipping in the same way. Once you create a shipping zone, right click on the zone name [added]choose properties[/added]and select the members from the list.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill, where do i set up the tax zones?
          and can i set up a tax zone for "None of the Above" listed at the bottom of the country list?
          Then i could create a new zone, called "Everywhere else" and add one country called "None of the Above" - do you think that would work?
          Erix

Comment

Set up tax zones the same place as you set shipping and handling - these are both tabs you see when you go to View | Business Settings.

In my tax zones I have UK, Europe and 'No tax levied' which automatically contains everything else. In shipping options - down in the bottom left corner, you can specify what happens if you have not assigned a country to a shipping zone - the choices are 1. don't allow shipping OR 2. Apply a fixed charge (you specify that charge here).
            Bill

Comment

so the only way i can add a shipping cost scale to "everywhere else" would be to assign a new zone, call it "everywhere else", and add all the relevant countries to it?

is the above correct?

jont suggested not to add any countries to the new zone, however i couldnt see it on checkout. - is this as should be? or did i do something wrong?

i'm trying to avoid adding a huge list of countries to a new zone.
              Erix

Comment

You should not have to - I have a zone set up for "I will collect" with no member countries attached - the class is set to "collect" with 0.00kg = £0.00

Bikster

Comment

Can you think of anything that would not make it appear in the country list on checkout?
                  Erix

Comment

The shipping zones do not appear in the list. Ever.

Once a customer selects a country, they are shown all the zones and classes to which that country belongs, so your country choice list would be restricted to those you have created zones/classes for. At the bottom of the list would be 'None of the above' if it is enabled.

I just tried setting an "I will collect" zone and my checkout process stopped working, so I removed it again.

@jont - can we see this working?
                    Bill

Comment

Ah - OK - missed out the crucial step : Advanced | Locations | add in a new country "I will Collect" and used the code "COL"

Under shipping New Zone | select "I will collect" as the Country

Bikster

Comment

I had the country and the zone set as the same names hence the confusion (must start writing stuff down now getting older)

Sorry

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                        X