Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import duplicates - duplicates are actually seperate products.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import duplicates - duplicates are actually seperate products.

Help!

I've just realised to my horror that the site we've created at www.rainbowapothecary.co.uk has got all the upsells created as seperate products rather than duplicates. This explains why they would not import in the first place and we have to make the product codes unique by putting a "1#43" ... "2#43" ... "3#43"... etc, for duplicates of product "43".

I used an import from a .CSV file and thought that I was creating duplicates for all the upsells.

This doesn't pose a huge problem for the site as it stands today, but for making updates this is going to be a total nightmare. The question is, what is the best way to move forward from here??

I could go back to the import sheet and put right whatever flag it was to make them duplicates instead of products. This would mean that any manual changes since the import will need to be re-applied.

I could manipulate the database manually to make them all duplicates (could be tricky).

I could live with it like it is, and just have to use some SQL to update everything from now on (which is going to be a real pain in the butt).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, if we have to go for the first option can anyone suggest a way of producing an export and stripping out all the manual changes so that these can be re-applied after we've done the re-import. It's such a shame that you can't export into .CSV format, as this would make stuff like this so much easier. Those hierarchical files are so difficult to work with.

Thanks,

Steve Button

Hi Steve,

In the product table of the Actinic database, for example, ID number (1!9) or (2!9) means the first duplicate to the product 9 and
    second duplicate and so on.

nProductType 1
    sOriginalProdRef 9 (as the original product ID number)
    nDuplicateIndex 1 if say the ID is 1!9
    2 if 2!9

So if you can filter these records and change and set these values hopefully it will be ok.
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Navy]
    Regards,
    Karthik

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for that. It was the duplicate product index which had messed me up. I had assumed this was more like a flag, and set them all to 1.

Sorted now.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X