Getting information direct from the website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting information direct from the website

Hi. In order to built an interface between Actinic and my Invoice software, I would be interested to be able to download information direct from my website, without using the download function in Actinic. So instead of working on th Access database, it would be quicker to work with the initial files. Is it possible ? Where can I find the description of the files I have to use and how can we read them ?
    Thanks. Didier
    Last edited by stonda; 16-Mar-2006, 10:03 PM. Reason: mistake
    Didier
    www.supreme.fr

That would be very difficult as each order is held in a separate .ord file on the server, not in any database. These files are also encrypted using 2 different strengths of keys. (the credit card details use a 1024 bit key).

It's only after orders are downloaded (one by one, till there are no .ord files left) that they get loaded into the Actinic database.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you. But very difficult or impossible ? If I can dowload files on my computer, I only need to know the way on which they are encrypt to be able to use them. Is it possible to get from Actinic team a software to read the files ? It woulbbe be very usefull for us . Thanks
      Didier
      www.supreme.fr

Comment

I don't think it is in Actinic's (or any site owners) interest to make it possible for 3rd parties to decrypt Order files. I hope you can see why.

These files reside on a public facing server (although they are write-only and can't normally be read).

So it's not impossible - nothing really is - but certainly very difficult as you'd have to do it unaided.

There is a white paper on the Actinic site regarding security.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Ok I understand. So we will continue to get information from access database !Thanks
          Didier
          www.supreme.fr

Comment

Working...
          X