Homepage fragments in grid layout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homepage fragments in grid layout?

Is this possible? I've had a good search throught the various threads but they all seem to be refering to catalogue pages. Here's an example of what I'm trying to achieve (made myself in go-live) http://soundclash-records.co.uk/acat...h_records.html but updating this page would be so much easier for the shop I'm making the site for inside actinic itself. Thanks for your help so far, you've been great!
    Cal.

v7 clean layout4
    www.soundclash-records.co.uk

Hi Cal,

Below is the work around for arranging the fragments in columns. I suggest you to take a backup of the templates before trying it.Go to "Advanced|Template Manager|Brochure|Primary",this will open Act_BrochurePrimary.html.

First, locate the following code

<table width="CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border="0" cols="3">
    NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHUREBODY
    </table

change it to....
    <script language=JavaScript>
    <!--
    var currentcol = 0;
    var colwidth = Math.floor(100 / CUSTOMVAR:NUMCOLS);
    // -->
    </script>

<table width="CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border="0" cols="3">

NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHUREBODY

<!--
    if ( currentcol != 0 )
    {
    while ( currentcol++ < CUSTOMVAR:NUMCOLS ) document.write('<td width="' + colwidth + '%">&nbsp;</td>');
    document.write('</tr></table></td></tr>');
    currentcol = 0;
    }
    // -->
    </script>

</table>
    Save the template.

Then edit the code of your chosen fragment layout template and replace it with:
    <!--
    if ( currentcol++ == 0 ) document.write('<tr><td colspan=3><table border=0><tr>');
    document.write('<td width="' + colwidth + '%" valign=top>');
    // -->
    </script>

<noscript><tr><td width="100%"></noscript>

NETQUOTEVAR:FRAGMENTANCHOR
    <table border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1">
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" align="left">NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_IMAGE</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">
    <strong>NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_TITLE</strong><br><br>
    NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_TEXT</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

</td>

<!--
    if ( currentcol >= CUSTOMVAR:NUMCOLS )
    {
    document.write('</tr></table></td></tr>');
    currentcol = 0;
    }
    // -->
    </script>

<noscript></tr></noscript>
    Save the file.

Finally, go to 'Advanced | Custom Properties' and create a new custom property called 'NUMCOLS'.

Then go to 'Design | Options | Site Defaults' and add 'NUMCOLS' to the grid (selecting 'Use as CUSTOMVAR' if the option is given). Set the value to however many columns you want your fragments laid out.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, sorry it's taken so long to try it out but I've been away.
      Tried the above but I now get this error and the layout goes a bit crazy?
      Any suggestions?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Cal,

Please check whether you have selected the same layout for all the fragments . It is also worth checking whether you have added the CUSTOMVAR to "Design|Options|Site Defaults|Properties".

Comment

Hi Sumiya,
          It's been decided (not by me) that it's easier to keep the homepage outside of Actinic for now, the guy who will be updating this page seems to have a good grasp of how it needs to be changed to display weekly new released products through Golive. Many many thanks for your help though, it's given me a good insight into the layout of some of the other pages etc.
          Thanks again,
          Cal.

Comment

Working...
          X