Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge and File Permissions Errors Webfusion

Hi,

Wondered if anyone has had this specific problem - have founds lots similar on forum but not specifically like this

We are with Webfusion. When uploading get this message:

An error occurred while merging files on the remote site. A file permissions error has occurred running this script. Please check that the script and the directory that its in are only writeable by the site administrator

I have tried clearing the CGI bin on the server and completely refreshing the site. The CGI bin permissions are correct at 755

Any ideas what can be causing this?

I have contacted Webfusion support who say all is well on their server - no problems there

Many thanks in advance

Try setting the acatalog folder to 777. Most of the time it works on 755 but some setups seem to need it set to 777.

If that doesn't work try setting the cgi-bin permissions to 777.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Norman, I have tried as you suggested but still reporting exactly the same errors with no active carts online. I have cleared and refreshed the site a number of times now, without success

Comment

Not sure what's causing this. It's worth checking that the files inside the cgi-bin also have permissions set to 755.

Is this a new site or has it just started happening?

Mike

Comment

We have been with Webfusion since last September - no problems to date, this has just started happening for no apparent reason. No changes made to settings or anything, just minor upoad changes as amendments made to site. This is what has me baffled

Comment

This still sounds like a permissions problem. Often when hosts upgrade the server they automatically return folder and file permissions to a default of 644.

Check that all the files in the cgi-bin and acatalog folders have permissions set to 755. i.e. not just the directories but all the files and subdirectories as well.

Mike

Comment

Webfusion are currently updating their servers and transfering their Lynux hosting onto a windows based system - not really sure what that means BUT it is throwing up a lot of errors.

This may be one, when you speak to webfusion ask them if they have moved your account - if so then manally check all your network settings and go through the process of re-setting up Actinic.

Comment

Many thanks for all your help - I have reset the file permissions in the CGI-BIN, Norman, as some of them were incorrect. All is well now

On the change of server by Webfusion - any idea how long this is going to take? As it could prove rather problematic??

I have been told that if they do move onto a windows-based system they will lose the secure shell aspect which is on a linux-based system - I will have to make enquiries on this

Cheers

Comment

If you have fixed the problem then I would not worry about the changes at webfusion as your account has obviously not been moved.

Comment

Not often I get confused with Norman, but I'll take it as a complement.

Glad the problem is solved.

Mike

Comment

Apologies for the error Mike, you have been very helpful

Comment

Working...
                      X