Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An old bug that still rears its VERY ugly head

Hi All,

Just wanted to share a bug that has cost us days trading. It's one that support couldn't answer but the community could. Remember - it always pays to search the archives before calling support ... wish i'd remembered that 12 hours ago!

If you find that clicking the add to cart button gives an error that the product has just been removed from the catalog then remove soft-deleted items from the catalogue, i.e. Housekeeping > Purge > Purge Content. I found the answer in this thread.

Silly bug - should be documented properly and ALL support staff should be made aware / reminded of this problem. We have a 100MB+ snapshot and were advised to refresh the site to fix the problem. On 256Kb (standard) bandwidth upload this took 4 or five hours. After the first refresh didn't fix the issue we were advised to update the script no. (in Network Settings) and wait another 4 - 5 hours for an upload NOT to fix the problem.

HTH

Thanks for this Sam

I've forwarded it on to the support team leaders.

Comment

Hi Sam,

I'm afraid that this isn't the only solution to this message. There have been a few instances of this error reported but each case has been different.

One instance that I dealt with was because some original products had been deleted but the duplicates hadn't and another instance was because of the shopping mode he was using and the fact that he had a 'Q' in the reference number. So you see, each case needs to be investigated individually.

I would suggest that if any other customers have this problem but cannot solve it through any suggestions on this forum then they should raise a support query at here so it can be looked into further.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
      X