Paypal & Credit Card Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal & Credit Card Details

I have set up Paypal as my payment provider - which works fine.

But at checkout the customer is still given the opportunity of 'Paypal Payment' or 'Credit card details sent separately'.

I've tried to delete 'Credit card details sent separately' under BUSINESS SETTINGS/PAYMENT SECURITY but it wont delete, I get a message along the lines of;

'used as default by one or more customers'

no customers have used it (to my knowledge) but it may cause confusion at the checkout.

Any ideas anyone?

Nigel
    www.squidsin.co.uk

Paypal

Hi,

Aren't you seeing the standard page that Paypal display when a payment is being made ?

We do something similar and remember that Paypal can either take credit card payments OR can take payments from people with Paypal accounts who want to pay for their item.
    By virtue of you using Paypal anyway your company already must have a Paypal account and be able to take payments this way.

Feel free to contact me on nenenaiad@yahoo.co.uk if you feel it may help you.

Regards

Dave

Comment

The problem arises before the Paypal page, the customer is offered the option for 'Paypal Payments' (leading on to Paypal account or non account) or the 'Credit card details sent separately' option.

Since I cannot deal (or want) 'Credit card details sent separately' I want to delete this option in BUSINESS/PAYMENT SECURITY, but when I attempt to delete this option a message tells me I cannot.

Nigel

www.squidsin.co.uk

Comment

Nigel,

Do you have this payment option defined for a customer account? If you do you will not be able to delete the option till you remove this as the payment method for the account.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X